FIDE World Chess Championship thread

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

reflectionofpower

Re: FIDE World Chess Championship thread

Post by reflectionofpower »

kgburcham wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
kgburcham wrote:I respect them in several ways, but they should not be allowed to quit when they choose and still get paid.
this is not their match, they are just participants.
Short draws like this cheapen our sport.
A clause stipulating that draws cannot be agreed until after 30 moves have been played might be an idea worth considering for future matches.
I wish the next time you are moderator Graham, you would change some of the championship rules to prevent this from happening again.
kgburcham
:lol:
Bloodbane

Post by Bloodbane »

Sofia rules were in effect in this match last I checked.

Also, I can't say that I'm pleased with game 1 but I'm even less pleased with the whining of patzers. It's only the first game of the match and the first draw and you want to implement some idiotic system with penalties for mistakes and draws. Give me a freaking break.
Functional programming combines the flexibility and power of abstract mathematics with the intuitive clarity of abstract mathematics.
https://github.com/mAarnos
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

Bloodbane wrote:Sofia rules were in effect in this match last I checked.

Also, I can't say that I'm pleased with game 1 but I'm even less pleased with the whining of patzers. It's only the first game of the match and the first draw and you want to implement some idiotic system with penalties for mistakes and draws. Give me a freaking break.
This whining patzer challenges you to a game Mikko Aarnos.
If we draw then you owe me an apology, and must refer to me as a master.
If you resign or if you are mated then you must apologize and forever refer to me as a master.
If I lose then I must sign my name as a patzer for one month.
Just set your rules, one day a move, three days a move, or we can play online at two minutes a move.
I hope you take the challenge after calling me a patzer.
We can play here under chess thinkers forum.
best to you
kgburcham
Kyodai

Post by Kyodai »

I assume you're planning to play this match strictly without engines !?

Lots of prestige at stake...

8-)
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

kgburcham wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
kgburcham wrote:I respect them in several ways, but they should not be allowed to quit when they choose and still get paid.
A clause stipulating that draws cannot be agreed until after 30 moves have been played might be an idea worth considering for future matches.
I wish the next time you are moderator Graham, you would change some of the championship rules to prevent this from happening again.
kgburcham
You might be waiting an awfully long time for that! :lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
IGarcia

Post by IGarcia »

Bloodbane wrote:Sofia rules were in effect in this match last I checked.

+1. Well said.

Messi earned 57 millions only in sponsors last years, Tiger woods more than 60 millons, great numbers for Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, and many NBA players, list is very long.

This are the best chess players in world. Whats the problem about earning some good money in a 12 game match? They have to train, travel, pay helpers and seconds.

I see too many envy on comments.
Kyodai

Post by Kyodai »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
kgburcham wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
kgburcham wrote:They should not get paid for draws.
These two funny guys should not be able to offer a draw.
How are these two guys qualified to know that their opponent would play the next 50 moves to a draw?
Money should be deducted for blunders.
What are they getting paid a million dollars each? not sure
so they should deduct $50,000 for each blunder.
maybe they should be deducted $100,000 each for draw.
I used to like the top human matches but after programs got so high level and the programs show how low level the top human players are, I am not amused by these human matches.
These SGM should stick to something entertaining like taking on 50 low level opponents or playing against 10 opponents blindfolded.
draw in 16, now that's funny. I think these two clowns should draw in 14 the next game just to show all the low level fans who's running this circus.
kgburcham
Naming them clowns are overevaluation Kim....
At least the clowns are specific kind of artisits that entertain people and they must possess special skills....
It's more like 2 monkeies who are playing chess after they suffered a severe head trauma....
And even then I think that they'll produce a better chess game regards,
Dr.D
I respect them in several ways, but they should not be allowed to quit when they choose and still get paid.
Yeah, getting a straight out fee for just playing is not good. So much per win, lose & draw. That will get the juices flowing AND will making them think more about the $$. To really hurt a person,hit em in the wallet. $100,000 for a win, $50,000 for a loss and $25,000 per draw. This equation will make them play more aggressively. That will make em think. :wink:
$25,000 per draw

....+ a kick in their fat a$$ as soon as they get it off the chair after a spectacular game like this one....

Sorry to be so tough on them but I've waited so long for this match to begin and they definitely spoiled my expectations and my evening regards,
Dr.D
Different story - but regarding entertaining chess I recommend the EU-team ch played right now in Poland. Very interesting chess - here some links (Turkey beat Russia in round 2!!)

http://livechess.chessdom.com/site/ and ETCC

http://etcc2013.com/live-games/
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

Kyodai wrote:I assume you're planning to play this match strictly without engines !?

Lots of prestige at stake...
8-)
No prestige.
I just won a corr game at the Rybka forum, no prestige, very few even know or care about it. I will lose the next game, no problem. In fact the loses make the best study games for me.

Now your without engines comment.
This is a computer chess forum correct?
I know there are OTB players here for different reasons.
I am here as a gamer and hardware freak.
My respect for blundering SGM is very limited, I check most of the top tournaments for SGM blunders, and the blunders are very often by the top GM.
anyway the guy called me a patzer at a computer chess forum so it should make sense that mr offended name caller follow up after challenging me.
I don't expect him to play, he most likely is not a gamer and most likely a soft program user, and another thing in my favor is, he is probably a really nice guy.
"its not loaded, they never are"

best to you Sune
kgburcham
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Graham Banks wrote:

Is a player meant to lose a WC match game just because he had to obey a rule to sidestep a draw by repetition which he was forced to play [but is not allowed to]?
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

S.Taylor wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Is a player meant to lose a WC match game just because he had to obey a rule to sidestep a draw by repetition which he was forced to play [but is not allowed to]?
do you think the draw was forced?
do you think the three moves was forced?
kgburcham