FIDE World Chess Championship thread

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: FIDE World Chess Championship thread

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Hood wrote:they are not paid by fans.

they can decide to optimize they costs and get money for the smallest effort :)
Yes,you're right....

They can get huge money for playing a draw that a 4th grader would be ashamed of regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

reflectionofpower wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: Are you kidding me :!: :?:

I have games against Chess Sytem Tal II that will down this game to the deepest archives of the chess history....

To say I am disappointed is a major understatement regards,
Dr.D
heehee :lol:
:wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
kgburcham wrote:They should not get paid for draws.
These two funny guys should not be able to offer a draw.
How are these two guys qualified to know that their opponent would play the next 50 moves to a draw?
Money should be deducted for blunders.
What are they getting paid a million dollars each? not sure
so they should deduct $50,000 for each blunder.
maybe they should be deducted $100,000 each for draw.
I used to like the top human matches but after programs got so high level and the programs show how low level the top human players are, I am not amused by these human matches.
These SGM should stick to something entertaining like taking on 50 low level opponents or playing against 10 opponents blindfolded.
draw in 16, now that's funny. I think these two clowns should draw in 14 the next game just to show all the low level fans who's running this circus.
kgburcham
Naming them clowns are overevaluation Kim....
At least the clowns are specific kind of artisits that entertain people and they must possess special skills....
It's more like 2 monkeies who are playing chess after they suffered a severe head trauma....
And even then I think that they'll produce a better chess game regards,
Dr.D
I respect them in several ways, but they should not be allowed to quit when they choose and still get paid.
this is not their match, they are just participants.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

kgburcham wrote:I respect them in several ways, but they should not be allowed to quit when they choose and still get paid.
Short draws like this cheapen our sport.
A clause stipulating that draws cannot be agreed until after 30 moves have been played might be an idea worth considering for future matches.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

kgburcham wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
How are these two guys qualified to know that their opponent would play the next 50 moves to a draw?
I used to like the top human matches but after programs got so high level and the programs show how low level the top human players are, I am not amused by these human matches.
These SGM should stick to something entertaining like taking on 50 low level opponents or playing against 10 opponents blindfolded.
draw in 16, now that's funny. I think these two clowns should draw in 14 the next game just to show all the low level fans who's running this circus.
kgburcham
At least the clowns are specific kind of artisits that entertain people and they must possess special skills....
It's more like 2 monkeies who are playing chess after they suffered a severe head trauma....
Dr.D
I respect them in several ways, but they should not be allowed to quit when they choose and still get paid.
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
kgburcham wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
kgburcham
Dr.D
Yeah, getting a straight out fee for just playing is not good. So much per win, lose & draw. That will get the juices flowing AND will making them think more about the $$. To really hurt a person,hit em in the wallet. $100,000 for a win, $50,000 for a loss and $25,000 per draw. This equation will make them play more aggressively. That will make em think. :wink:
Last edited by reflectionofpower on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

kgburcham wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
kgburcham
Dr.D
this is not their match, they are just participants
Exactly my thoughts....

Let them draw a game in 16 move but then they will have to face a finacial penalty for this game....

And yes,the match is not their copyright entity....

They are paid to play for the chess world title and thus far they are making fun out of the whole chess community world wide regards,
Dr.D
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Graham Banks wrote:
kgburcham wrote:I respect them in several ways, but they should not be allowed to quit when they choose and still get paid.
A clause stipulating that draws cannot be agreed until after 30 moves have been played might be an idea worth considering for future matches.
I'll go even further for the 42 moves barrier....

I wish I had such a clause printed on a cheap sheet of paper so that I can slap them in the face with it everytime they even think to make a stupid draw like this....

For God's sake,they didn't even bother to enter the early stage of the middle game....
Dr.D
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

reflectionofpower wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
kgburcham wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
kgburcham
Dr.D
Yeah, getting a straight out fee for just playing is not good. So much per win, lose & draw. That will get the juices flowing AND will making them think more about the $$. To really hurt a person,hit em in the wallet. $100,000 for a win, $50,000 for a loss and $25,000 per draw. This equation will make them play more aggressively. That will make em think. :wink:
$25,000 per draw

....+ a kick in their fat a$$ as soon as they get it off the chair after a spectacular game like this one....

Sorry to be so tough on them but I've waited so long for this match to begin and they definitely spoiled my expectations and my evening regards,
Dr.D
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

Graham Banks wrote:
I wish the next time you are moderator Graham, you would change some of the championship rules to prevent this from happening again.
kgburcham