komodo wins stage 3

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Adam Hair

Re: komodo wins stage 3

Post by Adam Hair »

rcmaddox wrote:
Komodo on fire! Everybody out of the way! I propose a namechange. How about a special version, that has tablebases maybe and Don could call it 'nTCEC Rex' or 'Tablebase Rex' or more simply 'Rex'.
Didn't Don and Larry release a "Rex" years ago?

Yes, they had a commercial engine named RexChess.
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Congratulations! :D

Stage 4, even with 6 full rounds, will leave much room for "random" rankings. The engines are so close that even a superfinal Gull vs. Naum is not impossible. :mrgreen:
Regards, Mike
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

Mike S. wrote:Congratulations! :D

Stage 4, even with 6 full rounds, will leave much room for "random" rankings. The engines are so close that even a superfinal Gull vs. Naum is not impossible. :mrgreen:

Gull vs. Naum Superfinal has only 0.4% chances to happen. Here are my general predictions (simulations) for the Stage 4 and the Superfinal:

STAGE 4

To qualify for the Superfinal:

Code: Select all

Komodo   60%
Houdini  54%
SF       46%
Bouquet  21%
Gull     16%
Naum      3%
At least one outside top 3 qualifies for the Superfinal:

37%

SUPERFINAL

To win the Superfinal:

Komodo   41%
Houdini  30%
SF       22%
Bouquet   4%
Gull      3%
Naum      0%
If Komodo qualifies to the Superfinal, its adversary will be:

Houdini  42%
SF       33%
Bouquet  13%
Gull     10%
Naum      2%
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Interesting numbers. - Nevertheless, I do not doubt that Houdini will win the superfinal, as ususal. But the path to it will be exiting!
Regards, Mike
jpqy

Post by jpqy »

https://www.facebook.com/tcec.chess

Stage 3 is finished, congratulations to Komodo, Bouquet, Houdini, Stockfish, Gull & Naum for qualifying for Stage 4.

Preliminary engine updates for Stage 4:
Komodo 1121.05 -> Komodo 1133
Stockfish 151013 -> Stockfish 021113 (no tablebases)
Gull 2.3 -> Gull R600

Stage 4 will start today at 20:00 CET (UTC +1), hope to see you all there!

There are already a few Updates..so predictions will be difficult..

JP.
Laskos

Post by Laskos »

Mike S. wrote:Interesting numbers. - Nevertheless, I do not doubt that Houdini will win the superfinal, as ususal. But the path to it will be exiting!
I the last nTCEC Houdini won against Stockfish 25-23 in the Superfinal. Now there is a 70+ points stronger Stockfish, and a multicore Komodo. Houdini dev. is improved compared to Houdini 3, but let's see how it fares against other two much improved engines.
Don

Post by Don »

shrapnel wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Congratulations and best wishes for the next stage. :)
Yeah, Houdini will come into its own in the Final stage...then Komodo will certainly need all your best wishes :P
Yes, I am expecting Houdini to come on strong for stage 4. I heard that Robert Houdart has added over 50 ELO which means it's almost a sure thing.
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Don

Post by Don »

Pavarotti wrote:
rcmaddox wrote:
Komodo on fire! Everybody out of the way! I propose a namechange. How about a special version, that has tablebases maybe and Don could call it 'nTCEC Rex' or 'Tablebase Rex' or more simply 'Rex'.
Didn't Don and Larry release a "Rex" years ago?

Yes, they had a commercial engine named RexChess.
We are going to enter RexChess in next years TCEC.

Don
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Milos

Post by Milos »

Laskos wrote:
Mike S. wrote:Interesting numbers. - Nevertheless, I do not doubt that Houdini will win the superfinal, as ususal. But the path to it will be exiting!
I the last nTCEC Houdini won against Stockfish 25-23 in the Superfinal. Now there is a 70+ points stronger Stockfish, and a multicore Komodo. Houdini dev. is improved compared to Houdini 3, but let's see how it fares against other two much improved engines.
The latest SF 021113 is on par with H3 with contempt 0 on LTC (I still don't have enough games though to be conclusive, but it seams like that).
So talking about 70+ stronger SF in real world is just dreaming.
Laskos

Post by Laskos »

Milos wrote:
Laskos wrote:
The latest SF 021113 is on par with H3 with contempt 0 on LTC (I still don't have enough games though to be conclusive, but it seams like that).
So talking about 70+ stronger SF in real world is just dreaming.
70+ points Stronger SF than the one which participated in season 1 and lost 23 to 25 to Houdini 3 in the Superfinal. Well, maybe in TCEC conditions 50 points is more reasonable. When we talk about ELO gains, we must always specify the time control and hardware.