I have a right to reply on CCC or not ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

I have a right to reply on CCC or not ?

Post by Sylwy »

This thread was locked without having any right to reply :

OK, posting a small picture of a building (even in the wrong section) is an infraction on CCC ??? Oh-la-la !
They are only two possibilities:
-Ruxy is a senile man at his 62 years old ; :roll:
-somebody is brainwashed by the media of his country about the Eastern infractionality.
Well, to be short: Ruxy will stop posting on CCC as long as Mr.Marcel will be mod here !

Just my right to reply !

Regards,
SilvianR :wink:
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Re: I have a right to reply on CCC or not ?

Post by mclane »

You could post off topic Stuff in ctf.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

mclane wrote:You could post off topic Stuff in ctf.
The problem with CTF is that it derailed into flamewars about politics and religion.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

From the CCC charter:
Once a member gains access to the message board, he may read all messages and post new or response messages with the proviso that these new or response messages:

1. Are, within reason, on the topic of computer chess
2. Are not abusive in nature
3. Do not contain personal and/or libelous attacks on others
4. Are not flagrant commercial exhortations
5. Are not of questionable legal status.
As you may have noticed, we have not strictly followed rule #1. As long as a thread is tangentially connected to computer chess, then we tend to consider it appropriate for CCC. And even when it is not connected, we tend to let it pass unless we receive a complaint. Then, we have to compare the content of the thread to the requirements of the charter and judge if the complaint has merit. If we decide that we must act on the complaint, we notify the OP and suggest alternatives (unless the OP has a history of ignoring us). The same goes for threads placed in the wrong sub-forums within CCC. If the content of the thread is more appropriate for a certain sub-forum, then the thread may be moved (this may occur without a complaint being lodged).

I do understand that many members would prefer not to have anything to do with CTF. However, that is the appropriate forum at TalkChess for threads that have nothing to do with computer chess. If we became too lax, there would be more and more off-topic threads in CCC, which would impede the flow of information between members. Silvian is not the only person who has been mad at us for removing off-topic threads, and he probably will not be the last.
gerold

Post by gerold »

Ruxy post really nice photo's. Ruxy is welcome to post in CTF.
CCC is for chess only with some off topic some times but not good place to place really nice photos of ones country. CTF members appreciate nice photo's and sometimes not so nice. :) Anyone not happy with Mods had a chance to change them a few days ago. No one made an attempt to change the mods. Most are very happy with the very very good job our elected mods do in our forum.

All the best to Ruxy,
Gerold.

P.S. The best members of CCC also has to follow the rules as some of the best have found out over the years. This includes me. :)
Dan Honeycutt

Post by Dan Honeycutt »

mar wrote:
mclane wrote:You could post off topic Stuff in ctf.
The problem with CTF is that it derailed into flamewars about politics and religion.
While it happens on occasion, non-contentious topics like Ruxy's pictures seldom develop into flamewars.

Come to CTF Ruxy, you are welcome there.

Best
Dan H.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Sylwy wrote:OK, posting a small picture of a building (even in the wrong section) is an infraction on CCC ??? Oh-la-la !
They are only two possibilities:
-Ruxy is a senile man at his 62 years old ; :roll:
-somebody is brainwashed by the media of his country about the Eastern infractionality.
Well, to be short: Ruxy will stop posting on CCC as long as Mr.Marcel will be mod here !

Just my right to reply !

Regards,
SilvianR :wink:
Hi Ruxy,

the mods are just doing their job. Been there, done that, know what it's like.

If you post stuff in the appropriate subforums, I doubt that attaching those nice photos at the end of your posts is going to offend anybody.

I think that the purpose of each subforum is explained pretty clearly on the Talkchess Index page.
Mods usually give a little leeway for off-topic posts, but there is always a limit.

Hope to see you keep posting in Talkchess, as I enjoy reading some of your posts.

Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com