A new episode in Ivanov's story...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

GenoM

Re: A new episode in Ivanov's story...

Post by GenoM »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
lucasart wrote:The shoe story is completely ridiculous. The photo of the shoe with the smartphone inside got me rolling on the floor laughing:
* how come metal detectors have not detected it ?
* how would he type with his toed on the LED screen the moves, and receive them ? Anyone try to type moves on the screen of their phone with their toes, even when looking at it it's next to impossible, so if your foot is squashed against the phone and you can't see it... utter nonsense.

But don't get me wrong, I am convinced he is a cheater. We don't know how he does it, and thanks to the shoe episode he has got everyone to believe it's in the shoe. Next time he will accept to remove his shoes and destroy some GMs, and people will go "woaw... he is a true genious...".

The shoe is a red herring!
Did anyone even considered the simple fact that the weight of his body will squash the poor smartphone :!: :?:

:shock:

Utter nonsense indeed....
Dr.D
toi e slabichko momche, Doc, ima-niama 50 kila :)

Doc, he is a boy with a "frail" body, his weight is may be around 50 kg :)
take it easy :)
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

And the smartshoe itself :D

_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

GenoM wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
lucasart wrote:The shoe story is completely ridiculous. The photo of the shoe with the smartphone inside got me rolling on the floor laughing:
* how come metal detectors have not detected it ?
* how would he type with his toed on the LED screen the moves, and receive them ? Anyone try to type moves on the screen of their phone with their toes, even when looking at it it's next to impossible, so if your foot is squashed against the phone and you can't see it... utter nonsense.

But don't get me wrong, I am convinced he is a cheater. We don't know how he does it, and thanks to the shoe episode he has got everyone to believe it's in the shoe. Next time he will accept to remove his shoes and destroy some GMs, and people will go "woaw... he is a true genious...".

The shoe is a red herring!
Did anyone even considered the simple fact that the weight of his body will squash the poor smartphone :!: :?:

Utter nonsense indeed....
Dr.D
toi e slabichko momche, Doc, ima-niama 50 kila :)

Doc, he is a boy with a "frail" body, his weight is may be around 50 kg :)
Eh,kak si izpuskah tozi prost fact :lol:

:wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Take him out back and find out what he is doing. Just do it, risk charges.

When I played in the eighties he would have had his rights violated, by me!
There is no question he's cheating. It's the method that is in question and he will never let you search him unless it is done by force!
Although that I cansider you a close friend Terry and I myself can be described as aggressively oriented when it comes to justice in all aspects of life,I don't think that this is the optimal approach.......

The least he can do is to wave the flag of abuse in your face and can even go further to launch a court trial after that....

Still,I don't think that what he's using is something from outer space....
There must be a way to figure things out regards,
Dr.D
I think the solution is easy, but they haven't tried it. It seems obvious: search him right after beating a GM and search his shows as well. So far, they search him before and he has been able to predict the rounds that they search him (suspicious).
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:

There is no question he's cheating. It's the method that is in question and he will never let you search him unless it is done by force!
Although that I cansider you a close friend Terry and I myself can be described as aggressively oriented when it comes to justice in all aspects of life,I don't think that this is the optimal approach.......

The least he can do is to wave the flag of abuse in your face and can even go further to launch a court trial after that....

Still,I don't think that what he's using is something from outer space....
There must be a way to figure things out regards,
Dr.D
I think the solution is easy, but they haven't tried it. It seems obvious: search him right after beating a GM and search his shows as well. So far, they search him before and he has been able to predict the rounds that they search him (suspicious).
bob

Post by bob »

Graham Banks wrote:
kranium wrote:.....according to them, he simply taps on the LED keyboard with his toes to send and receive moves...

So how does he see the moves? X-ray glasses? :lol:
I believe that he probably cheats too, but you really need solid proof rather than laughable theories.
Phones can vibrate. Taft did this in Vegas YEARS ago to cheat at blackjack by tracking cards through a shuffle with a computer (not with a phone, of course, but he used various schemes including a vibrator.)
Leto

Post by Leto »

He ended up with 6/9 but if he hadn't resigned in a drawn position and gotten a draw in his game against Dugly instead of forfeiting he could have tied for first with 7 points.

http://chess-results.com/tnr108160.aspx ... =30&wi=821
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Plus you have his arrogant remarks and attitude and the way he conducts himself. Anyone with a massive spurt in strength if they KNOW that they are not cheating will comply with anything to show they are not cheating. He's a cheater through and through.
EroSennin

Post by EroSennin »

Well somebody was already using a shoecomputer to cheat in rulette in the 50s.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

SzG wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:

I wonder if Anand or Carlsen would agree to taking off his shoes, and if not, would they forfeit.

And what is the next step? The pants?