EXchess v7.17 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

dchoman

Re: EXchess v7.17 released

Post by dchoman »

dchoman wrote:Hi Everyone,

EXchess v7.17 is now available from my new webaddress...

https://sites.google.com/site/experimentalchessprogram/

This version is a modest improvement on v7.11, as I haven't had much development time; however, I think it may have gained about 20-30 elo over the previous version. More importantly, a few bugs have been fixed related to time control and multi-threaded processing. Depending on how you use the program, the elo gain may be larger due to these fixes.

Thanks!

- Dan
Martin reported a bug in v7.17 in his testing for stage 2 of TCEC. The program would hang when running on his system. I think it is a race condition that may only practically affect many processor systems like his (which has 16 processors), and I am working on a fix. Until then, I am taking 7.17 down and I'll post again when I have a fix.

- Dan

- Dan
dchoman

Post by dchoman »

OK, I've fixed the race condition bug, and released v7.18b of EXchess. Other than 6 lines of code to add some locks, it is identical to v7.17b. On a single processor it should play identically, but the new version should be used for any multi-processor games.

- Dan
jshriver

Post by jshriver »

Wonderful, just updated my copy running on OICS.

-Josh