YChess 1.0 = around 2575 ELO CCRL (4/40)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

carldaman

Re: For Carl, from Iasi !

Post by carldaman »

Sylwy wrote:
carldaman wrote:Thanks, Ruxy - it worked as you described. :) (your English is ok, no worries)

1.-I've noticed that sometimes YChess will use less memory than allocated. 2.-Also, its results are not as impressive as the ones you got. I'd only estimate it around 2200-2300 ccrl, based on a handful of games, so it's a very crude "guestimate" for now.

Cheers,
CL 8-)
Hello Carl !

1.-YChess has its own endgame tablebases. When plays a moves from egtbs YChess uses less memory.
2.-Usually YChess likes big amount of memory. Let, please, in Common Engine Settings 256 MB like shared memory (close Size Automatically option) and 64 MB like egtbs shared cache (close also the SAutomatically option).These are my settings for 4'+2" TC games. With these settings you will obtain simply amazing results (under 2500 ELO CCRL no one single engine is able to beat YC in a match).

Best to you !
SilvianR :wink:
Hi Ruxy,

I'll try that, thanks, because so far it's only managed to beat Maverick 0.2 (1-1 score vs Maverick).

Regards,
CL