Borislav Ivanov: a Lilov's add-on

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

gerold

Re: Borislav Ivanov: a Lilov's add-on

Post by gerold »

Hood wrote:I do have concurrent theory concerning the case. :)

Ivanov has contact with aliens.

Aliens contacted Author of Houdini via his telescope how to write the program. Free Houdini 1.5a is still better then other programs - according CCRL list. It is a fact and prove for that.

Alien is going to Ivanov body during some games and dictates how to move. It explains the speed of the interface.
It explains why Ivanov in rapids plays similar to Houdini.

There is no other explanation for that.

Rgds Hood

PS. I believe more Topalov then Lilov.
Of course you are right. Now you are in deep trouble. You let the cat out of the bag. Everybody will be doing the same thing.

P.S. On a serious note they really need to change the rules on these matches. If you can't search a person for bug he may have on him this sort of thing will continue to happen.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Aliens contacted Author of Houdini via his telescope how to write the program. Free Houdini 1.5a is still better then other programs - according CCRL list. It is a fact and prove for that.

Alien is going to Ivanov body during some games and dictates how to move. It explains the speed of the interface.

Rgds Hood

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go.
And the white knight is talking backwards. And the red queen's off with her head.

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know. :)
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
Don

Post by Don »

mwyoung wrote:

Rgds Hood

And the white knight is talking backwards. And the red queen's off with her head.

You're to young to remember that!
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Don wrote:
mwyoung wrote:

Rgds Hood

I don't understand what you all are talking about. Looks like some surreal stuff. Maybe a dream that's never ended. Like the American dream: "Anything is possible". Europeans normally don't think that way.
Don

Post by Don »

Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
mwyoung wrote:

Rgds Hood

I don't understand what you all are talking about. Looks like some surreal stuff. Maybe a dream that's never ended. Like the American dream: "Anything is possible". Europeans normally don't think that way.
It's words from a song that came from the late 60's when music was good.
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Don wrote:
Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
mwyoung wrote:

Rgds Hood

We cannot proof if music is good or bad. Can we ? But we are off topic now.
[Same holds for chess. We can't proof if its more fun to play against a particular chess machine than another.]
Don

Post by Don »

Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
mwyoung wrote:

Rgds Hood

[Same holds for chess. We can't proof if its more fun to play against a particular chess machine than another.]
As they say, beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone. We cannot prove it but we know it when we see it.

My comment is more on the originality and soul of music from that era. There is probably more raw talent in singers and musicians today, but they are all imitators and you find very few really unique artists. Most today copy whoever is making the hits.

In a way that is on topic here because it's that way in computer chess, more and more working from a starter kit (such as existing program) and now humans are copying computers as this thread is all about. People have always been imitative and to an extent that is good but where is the style?
Henk

Post by Henk »

Don wrote:
Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
mwyoung wrote:

Rgds Hood

As they say, beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone. We cannot prove it but we know it when we see it.

My comment is more on the originality and soul of music from that era. There is probably more raw talent in singers and musicians today, but they are all imitators and you find very few really unique artists. Most today copy whoever is making the hits.

In a way that is on topic here because it's that way in computer chess, more and more working from a starter kit (such as existing program) and now humans are copying computers as this thread is all about. People have always been imitative and to an extent that is good but where is the style?
About that song they mention logic and proportion but not unity, balance and order. Maybe these are terms of the late 1920's.
Don

Post by Don »

Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
mwyoung wrote:

Rgds Hood

About that song they mention logic and proportion but not unity, balance and order. Maybe these are terms of the late 1920's.
That song is likely about drugs, perhaps an LSD trip. A similar drug fantasy song by the Beatles was Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - where the lyrics describe bizarre and colorful scenes that you imagine.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Don wrote:
Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
Henk wrote:
Don wrote:
mwyoung wrote:

Rgds Hood

That song is likely about drugs, perhaps an LSD trip. A similar drug fantasy song by the Beatles was Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - where the lyrics describe bizarre and colorful scenes that you imagine.
What about balance in search trees of modern chess programs ? For instance application of Late Move Reductions doesn't make a tree balanced.