Cheating suspicion at the Zadar Open in Croatia

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Lavir

Re: Cheating suspicion at the Zadar Open in Croatia.

Post by Lavir »

M ANSARI wrote:I was sort of feeling sorry for this guy because he was accused of cheating, and although I am 99% sure he was cheating, 1% is still quite a bit to destroy someone's reputation. But then I read this today

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=8781

where he says:
How did you manage to beat the Croatian grandmasters?

I dont think there was anything special in my games at all. The Croatian GMs made some horrible mistakes during our games. Of course I practiced a lot with the computer, and after beating Rybka and Houdini by 10-0 each, i was absolutelly sure that no-one was gonna stop me winning. After all the arbiters were kind of polite and intelligent, you know, the other players weren't though....

He claims he beat both Rybka and Houdini 10-0 ... OK so now the 1% should be revised to probably about .00000000000000000000000000000000000000001% that he was NOT cheating.
Remove either the infinitesimal 1, since he clearly doesn't either understands of what he talks about, clear sign that the moves he did came up with were not his own.

In only 1 game a GM committed a clear blunder that lost the game, in the other cases there were inaccuracies that naturally an engine will by and by transform into a crushing position, but not "horrible mistakes"; so he doesn't either clearly understand how he won.

I think that FIDE should do something about the guy, because apart the obvious bogus statement about beating Rybka and Houdini 10-0 he has clearly shot himself in the head with not clearly knowing of what the hell he is talking about.

I mean, it's so clear now. How can a chess player that has really analyzed by himself not know what really happened in the games? He is either so stupid to have neither done that (he could expect a question as that) at home.
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

I do agree, I think he has put himself in a position where he will be ridiculed for quite a while. I would love to see the faces of Carlsen, Anand, Aronian, Kramnik, Kasparov etc... when they tell each of them that he claims he beat both Rybka and Houdinin 10-0. Because I am sure these super GM's have tried beating those engines and probably will remember every game they managed to win for a long time ... but 10 in a row for both engines ... that is like telling someone you ran the mile in 10 seconds.
geots

Post by geots »

M ANSARI wrote:I do agree, I think he has put himself in a position where he will be ridiculed for quite a while. I would love to see the faces of Carlsen, Anand, Aronian, Kramnik, Kasparov etc... when they tell each of them that he claims he beat both Rybka and Houdinin 10-0. Because I am sure these super GM's have tried beating those engines and probably will remember every game they managed to win for a long time ... but 10 in a row for both engines ... that is like telling someone you ran the mile in 10 seconds.

If he had any credibility at all with me, he completely lost it and then some with these idiotic statements. Obviously he has never even once seen either engine play- if he had he would have known that statement would get him laughed off the face of the earth. I don't think it was exactly his mouth where his foot ended up, if you get my drift.

gts
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

M ANSARI wrote:I was sort of feeling sorry for this guy because he was accused of cheating, and although I am 99% sure he was cheating, 1% is still quite a bit to destroy someone's reputation. But then I read this today

where he says:

I dont think there was anything special in my games at all. The Croatian GMs made some horrible mistakes during our games. Of course I practiced a lot with the computer, and after beating Rybka and Houdini by 10-0 each, i was absolutelly sure that no-one was gonna stop me winning. After all the arbiters were kind of polite and intelligent, you know, the other players weren't though....

He claims he beat both Rybka and Houdini 10-0 ... OK so now the 1% should be revised to probably about .00000000000000000000000000000000000000001% that he was NOT cheating.
This is a pure sample of stupidity from his side....

It looks like he hadn't a clue what the hell is he talking about :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Lavir wrote:

where he says:

Remove either the infinitesimal 1, since he clearly doesn't either understands of what he talks about, clear sign that the moves he did came up with were not his own.

In only 1 game a GM committed a clear blunder that lost the game, in the other cases there were inaccuracies that naturally an engine will by and by transform into a crushing position, but not "horrible mistakes"; so he doesn't either clearly understand how he won.

I think that FIDE should do something about the guy, because apart the obvious bogus statement about beating Rybka and Houdini 10-0 he has clearly shot himself in the head with not clearly knowing of what the hell he is talking about.

I mean, it's so clear now. How can a chess player that has really analyzed by himself not know what really happened in the games? He is either so stupid to have neither done that (he could expect a question as that) at home.
Big time Fabio,big time my friend :lol:

:wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Will anyone be kind enough to post a game or two where our guy won so that we can discuss them a little and laugh a lot :!: :?:

:D
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

His games in the tournament are here:
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=8751.
All these were analyzed By Fm Lilov, and one by Kingscrusher , on youtube.

Previous ones can be found in
http://ratings.fide.com/view_games.phtml?id=2903741
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

noctiferus wrote:His games in the tournament are here:
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=8751.
All these were analyzed By Fm Lilov, and one by Kingscrusher , on youtube.

Previous ones can be found in
http://ratings.fide.com/view_games.phtml?id=2903741
Thanks Enrico :D
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

where he says:

This is a pure sample of stupidity from his side....

It looks like he hadn't a clue what the hell is he talking about :D
Dr.D
I glanced over it and was taken back while reading most of his comments.
Does he think everyone else are idiots? It's plain to all he is, along with being a cheat, a thief and a liar, a fool as well.

I think he'll be banned from future events.
Terry McCracken