migration away from talkchess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Re: migration away from talkchess

Post by lucasart »

gleperlier wrote:will try OpenChess also.

Cheers,

Gab
Good. I hope to see you there for some interesting game analysis. You will certainly appreciate the PGN replay feature, amongst other things.

I've moved to Open Chess, and I would say:
positive: the forum is far better, per se (ie. the "software")
negative: there are far fewer people, or at least far fewer people who have intelligent things to say. The programming forum is almost deserted. Kind of feel like talking to myself there. If more engine developpers could join Open Chess, that would be great!
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
gleperlier

Post by gleperlier »

lucasart wrote:

Cheers,

Gab
Good. I hope to see you there for some interesting game analysis. You will certainly appreciate the PGN replay feature, amongst other things.

negative: there are far fewer people, or at least far fewer people who have intelligent things to say. The programming forum is almost deserted. Kind of feel like talking to myself there. If more engine developpers could join Open Chess, that would be great!
Thanks,

I just registered under Nex account.

Cheers,

Gab
gerold

Post by gerold »

gleperlier wrote:
lucasart wrote:

Cheers,

Gab

Thanks,

I just registered under Nex account.

Cheers,

Gab
Great. I can't understand why there is not more people in Open Chess i visit there daily. I like the forum setup. Of course it is not equal to Talk Chess which is the best. Hoping open chess stays the same easy to use forum.

Best,
Gerold.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

fern wrote:Your forgot the whiskey. A gentleman die well dressed and with a glass of liquor in his hand. Perhaps a cigar, too.
Indeed!