ICC (chessclub.com) seems to be down

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jdart

ICC (chessclub.com) seems to be down

Post by jdart »

Since earlier this morning (PST).

--Jon
Cubeman

Re: ICC (chessclub.com) seems to be down

Post by Cubeman »

Thanks, that explains why I can't connect with my iOS app on iPhone. I just splashed out on a 3 month Playchess account to play on iPhone to get my online chess fix. Playchess app not as good as ICC app in my opinion, but is much cheaper.
MM

Post by MM »

Cubeman wrote:Thanks, that explains why I can't connect with my iOS app on iPhone. I just splashed out on a 3 month Playchess account to play on iPhone to get my online chess fix. Playchess app not as good as ICC app in my opinion, but is much cheaper.
I thought playchess app was for free. On Android it is.
MM
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

MM wrote:
Cubeman wrote:Thanks, that explains why I can't connect with my iOS app on iPhone. I just splashed out on a 3 month Playchess account to play on iPhone to get my online chess fix. Playchess app not as good as ICC app in my opinion, but is much cheaper.
I thought playchess app was for free. On Android it is.
The app is free but the subscription is paid.The app is useless unless you have a current sub, if I remember correctly there is a "free" trail period of certain duration, my free period expired quite a while ago :cry:
jdart

Post by jdart »

It's back now.

--Jon
simonhue

Post by simonhue »

I use those for watching live tournament games, and what I really miss in both (Thou I stopped using the ICC lately) is the analysis of the position (Like what you have it in chessdom, or with Playchess on PC. Chessdom is in fact nice site, but does not have a native app, and using it via browser I find clumsy).