Magnus Carlsen Interview

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sean Evans

Magnus Carlsen Interview

Post by Sean Evans »

Article

What does he think about computer chess?

Carlsen: "I’ve never been much of a computer guy at least in terms of playing with computers. Actually until I was about 11 I didn’t use a computer for preparing for games at all. I was playing a bit online, was using the chess club mainly. Now, obviously, the computer is an important tool for me preparing for my games. [But] in general I get much more pleasure from playing human opponents. That’s why I never really played with computer. I just analyze when I’m on the computer, either my games or my opponents. But mostly my own.
pilgrimdan

Re: Magnus Carlsen Interview

Post by pilgrimdan »

Sean Evans wrote:
Article

What does he think about computer chess?

Carlsen: "I’ve never been much of a computer guy at least in terms of playing with computers. Actually until I was about 11 I didn’t use a computer for preparing for games at all. I was playing a bit online, was using the chess club mainly. Now, obviously, the computer is an important tool for me preparing for my games. [But] in general I get much more pleasure from playing human opponents. That’s why I never really played with computer. I just analyze when I’m on the computer, either my games or my opponents. But mostly my own.
thanks for the link Sean... good stuff...