Tornado Website is down!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Engin
Full name: Engin Üstün

Tornado Website is down!

Post by Engin »

yesterday i deleted my website of Tornado, because i losed my interest in computerchess now again, general in chess too, they are other important things in my life to do.

good bye.
IWB

Re: Tornado Website is down!

Post by IWB »

Hello Engin,

That is a pitty. I hope it is just temporarily.

Anyhow, if you lose interest in the "other things" (there are other things?) I hope to see you back as I hope to see Tornado back in the Top20 of the IPON ;-)

cu
Ingo
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Engin wrote:yesterday i deleted my website of Tornado, because i losed my interest in computerchess now again, general in chess too, they are other important things in my life to do.

good bye.
Really sorry to hear that Engin. I hope that you regain your interest soon.

Even though I know you've been frustrated with not making Tornado as strong as you'd like it to be, it is still a wonderful engine, easily good enough to beat most of us. A real king hunter!

Thanks for all the effort you put into developing Tornado and for sharing it with us.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

Engin wrote:yesterday i deleted my website of Tornado, because i losed my interest in computerchess now again, general in chess too, they are other important things in my life to do.

good bye.
Sorry to hear that Engin :(, but who knows, perhaps one day...
So good bye and good luck, it was nice to meet you online at CW/OW.

Martin
rodolfoleoni

Post by rodolfoleoni »

good bye.
Hi Engin, it's a pity. I always enjoyed very much to use Tornado in my tests, it's a special one!

Real life has lots of more important things, of course, so I understand. But I hope to see you again on next Olivier's events... ;)
Rodolfo (The Baron Team)
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Oh well, Tornado 4.88 will soldier on on the chess960 list as a worthy opponent for many other engines.
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Have a good time!

Werner
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Graham Banks wrote:

good bye.
Really sorry to hear that Engin. I hope that you regain your interest soon.

Even though I know you've been frustrated with not making Tornado as strong as you'd like it to be, it is still a wonderful engine, easily good enough to beat most of us. A real king hunter!

Thanks for all the effort you put into developing Tornado and for sharing it with us.
Beat most of us?! That is an understatement, Graham :). I do not see any super GMs in the member list.
Engin
Full name: Engin Üstün

Post by Engin »

many thanks to those understanding me, and i will thanks for all they supports and testing of Tornado in the last years too :-)

so long,
Engin