Komodo and Don...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Komodo and Don...

Post by fern »

I would like to read something by Don about Komodo 5. Not a word since weeks.

Fern
MM

Re: Komodo and Don...

Post by MM »

fern wrote:I would like to read something by Don about Komodo 5. Not a word since weeks.

Fern
Hi Fern, the problem is the opposite. Too many words and no releases in several months.

Best Regards
MM
rbarreira

Post by rbarreira »

4 months ago Larry said that a MP-related bug was stopping the release of the MP version, not sure if that is already solved or not.
MM

Post by MM »

rbarreira wrote:4 months ago Larry said that a MP-related bug was stopping the release of the MP version, not sure if that is already solved or not.
Thank you, i remember of that, anyway it is a general question in which i wouldn't like to spend too much time.

What i know precisely is that for several different reasons, me, that i am a customer and i made a donation to Komodo project, i don't have anything after so many months and after having read so many news about Komodo that never transfer to releases.

It is highly disappointing.

But it's not a problem. Problems in life are others.

Best Regards
MM
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

MM wrote:What i know precisely is that for several different reasons, me, that i am a customer and i made a donation to Komodo project, i don't have anything after so many months and after having read so many news about Komodo that never transfer to releases.
Did you pay for something you did not get?
MM

Post by MM »

syzygy wrote:
MM wrote:What i know precisely is that for several different reasons, me, that i am a customer and i made a donation to Komodo project, i don't have anything after so many months and after having read so many news about Komodo that never transfer to releases.
Hi Roland,

i'm leaving so i'll be short, i payed for K4 and i had it, of course. Then i payed in advance for the MP (for my decision) even it wasn't be released so i payed for something i don't have BUT this is not a problem, it was my decision. The problem is that they are months, many months that Don and Larry say many things and even didn't release any MP version. Add that i made, on my decision, a donation to the K project.

I think i have many reasons to be disappointed but i want to clarify once again that the payment in advance for K4 MP and the donation were made on my decision and my request, Don and Larry didn't ask me anything.

Best Regards
MM
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

MM wrote:
syzygy wrote:
Hi Roland,

i'm leaving so i'll be short, i payed for K4 and i had it, of course. Then i payed in advance for the MP (for my decision) even it wasn't be released so i payed for something i don't have BUT this is not a problem, it was my decision. The problem is that they are months, many months that Don and Larry say many things and even didn't release any MP version. Add that i made, on my decision, a donation to the K project.

I think i have many reasons to be disappointed but i want to clarify once again that the payment in advance for K4 MP and the donation were made on my decision and my request, Don and Larry didn't ask me anything.

Best Regards
;)
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

fern wrote:I would like to read something by Don about Komodo 5. Not a word since weeks.

Fern
It's always quiet just before the storm...

Larry
gerold

Post by gerold »

JuLieN wrote:
MM wrote:
syzygy wrote:
Hi Roland,

Best Regards
;)
:lol:
Don

Post by Don »

Fern
Hi Fern,

We just released Komodo 5 and are now busy on the MP version. I just made an announcement on talkchess.

We are probably going to have a more formal release schedule of twice a year, probably something like June and November - but that has not all been decided yet.

Don
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.