About Hiarcs

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Re: About Hiarcs

Post by geots »

tomgdrums wrote:
geots wrote:
MM wrote:http://www.hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Must read.

Any comments?

Best Regards

Any Comments? Yea, I think it is worse than sad that there will still be some clueless people who will actually buy the thing based on the "World Champion" monicker- when there are 40 different engine versions in CCRL 32bit 40/40 rated higher than Hiarcs, and most are free. And if they had tested more than 1 version of Ivanhoe like they did many others, you could be looking at between 60 and 70 versions that are stronger.

gts

As stated elsehwere in the thread by someone else, I would buy Hiarcs for the "style" and also because I am excited to see what the new GUI is like. Remember that people buy engines for different reasons other than just ELO points at CCRL.

Tom, I realize that and have no problem with it. My point was, like Junior, tho legal it is still false advertising IMO.
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

I guess today I understand it better. Maybe Hiarcs will be renamed to "Available soon". :mrgreen: But by now, it's old news anyway that new releases of several famous engines take much too long, compared to previous versions and years...

Junior 13 was released quick, but could not cause big enthusiasm. So it seems to be almost always wrong, if it's done that way or the other.
Regards, Mike
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Mike S. wrote:I guess today I understand it better. Maybe Hiarcs will be renamed to "Available soon". :mrgreen: But by now, it's old news anyway that new releases of several famous engines take much too long, compared to previous versions and years...

Junior 13 was released quick, but could not cause big enthusiasm. So it seems to be almost always wrong, if it's done that way or the other.
To late Arena already owns that one! :wink:
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by fern »

Even so I will purchase it because I like the style, I would like to play with another GUI and because I like to support talented people. Anyway any engine plus than 2400 beats me badly. Less than that chances are I am defeated the same, but decently. At around 2100 I can get my points....half the time.

Fern
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

i have heard rumours that the engine hiarcs will be sold at the beginning of 2015.

it is said that its in the beta-test right now and that the development makes progress.

i also spoke with stefan meyer - kahlen yesterday in an email and he said that shredder would be available at the time of christmas 2018.

i told stefan that i am 46 and that i will be much older in 2018 (can't calculate it myself). but he says he cannot guaranty for the date.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
fern

Post by fern »

Great news. To that you can add what I knew today kathe and Dan spracklen are coming back and will present soon a 2800 plus engine called Champion.
I am the guy to receive advance payments, if you are interested.

80 bucks just because is you regards
Fern