IWCCC 2012 Changes

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kgburcham

Re: IWCCC 2012 Changes

Post by kgburcham »

Daniel Shawul wrote:Why are humans allowed in a computer chess championship anyway.quote]

30 programs and 10 humans in an "anything goes" tournament online.
you are joking, right, Daniel?
It is always fun when the human wins against a program.
IanO

Post by IanO »

Centaurs and hand operated computers are now allowed? I challenge Steve B to enter his best dedicated! I'm tempted to enter my Genius 68030 to play the bye. Someone should enter some cell phones and iPads as well.

Does the Hydra supercomputer still exist? That would also be an interesting entrant!
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

IanO wrote:Centaurs and hand operated computers are now allowed? I challenge Steve B to enter his best dedicated! I'm tempted to enter my Genius 68030 to play the bye. Someone should enter some cell phones and iPads as well.
Does the Hydra supercomputer still exist? That would also be an interesting entrant!
The higher the entry fee, the more serious the competitor.
IanO

Post by IanO »

kgburcham wrote:
IanO wrote:Centaurs and hand operated computers are now allowed? I challenge Steve B to enter his best dedicated! I'm tempted to enter my Genius 68030 to play the bye. Someone should enter some cell phones and iPads as well.
No argument there. In fact, I'm disappointed that the entry fee dropped. Without the need for travel and lodging, $100 is no burden. Heck, many human tournament entry fees are higher these days!
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

IanO wrote:
kgburcham wrote:
No argument there. In fact, I'm disappointed that the entry fee dropped. Without the need for travel and lodging, $100 is no burden. Heck, many human tournament entry fees are higher these days!
It only dropped because there were those that thought $100 was too much.

Either way, should be an interesting event!
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

Prize fund will be divided as follows:

1st place: 40%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 20%
Top Amateur: 10%

what if the top amateur is in the top 3?
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

kgburcham wrote:Prize fund will be divided as follows:

1st place: 40%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 20%
Top Amateur: 10%

what if the top amateur is in the top 3?
Then they get 10% added to the placing prize.
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
marcelk

Post by marcelk »

IanO wrote:
kgburcham wrote:
It is still $100 if you want to enter twice and double your chances. Or more than double as you might get to play yourself and buy yourself a free point that way :-)
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

marcelk wrote: It is still $100 if you want to enter twice and double your chances. Or more than double as you might get to play yourself and buy yourself a free point that way :-)
True, it is still $100 if you enter the Main and Blitz event.

PS - Marcel, I refunded your fee in full and fixed the button for the people who just want to enter the Main Event. Thanks for letting me know it was messed up.

Peter
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

If the entry fee was free as someone suggested then you will see all the cheapskates with pirated programs playing.At least with moderate entry someone will have to have moderate to high end hardware to justify it and those people usually can afford to be legitimate users.