How about we settle the WCCC argument?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Re: How about we settle the WCCC argument?

Post by Peter Skinner »

gleperlier wrote:Peter,

What about having special modest prizes for :

- The 2 players of the most beautifull game.
- The most beautifull move
- The most Human Grand Master like game or most Human Grand Master like engine play.

You way designate a Jury for that with well known Authors or personnalities (David Kittinger ?) and best would one or 2 GM or IM .

Cheers,

Gab
That can certainly be arranged. How about a public poll on the CCT website after the tournament? People can choose games/positions based on of the pgn file from the event.

Winners get a 3 month extension on ICC? Or the $25 it would cost to extend that membership?

Good idea though...

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Odd. I give you a well meant compliment and now I am being accused of being sarcastic! What on earth is wrong with CCC!?

Seeing this thread exploding and turning into the usual mud slinging (what a surprise...), it is time to leave again. Peter, I really hope this tournament will be played, because it would be the first positive thing in computer chess since a very long time. Sidelining the ICGA and their destructive members and policy is the first and good step to move forward again.

Good luck!
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Jeroen wrote:Odd. I give you a well meant compliment and now I am being accused of being sarcastic! What on earth is wrong with CCC!?

Seeing this thread exploding and turning into the usual mud slinging (what a surprise...), it is time to leave again. Peter, I really hope this tournament will be played, because it would be the first positive thing in computer chess since a very long time. Sidelining the ICGA and their destructive members and policy is the first and good step to move forward again.

Good luck!
Sorry Jeroen,

I probably just took your compliment wrong due to the rash of mudslinging on here.

As for the tournament, if people register, it will be played. It is that simple.

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

No problem, Peter!

I just read a few comments on your posting and it reminded me again why it is pointless and a waste of time to come here.
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Jeroen wrote:No problem, Peter!

I just read a few comments on your posting and it reminded me again why it is pointless and a waste of time to come here.
I thought the responses were quite good with suggestions and pitfalls to watch out for.

The only negative response I have received was from another forum not wanting me to post this particular event there. Apparently it supports piracy... (Not my words...)

The emails just keep rolling in with support for it, so it must not have been that bad of an idea. :)

Peter
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Yeah, I looked at the wrong posting, my fault. The bad comments were regarding the posting 'World Computer Championship?'

I am quite sure that ChessVibes, TWIC and ChessBase amongst others will be interested to write about the tournament!
Jimmy Huggins

Post by Jimmy Huggins »

It couldn't have come form a better guy. :) I hope this works 10 fold for you!
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Jeroen wrote:Yeah, I looked at the wrong posting, my fault. The bad comments were regarding the posting 'World Computer Championship?'

I am quite sure that ChessVibes, TWIC and ChessBase amongst others will be interested to write about the tournament!
I've already drafted a few emails that I will re-read once I get some sleep. :)
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

The only negative response I have received was from another forum not wanting me to post this particular event there.

Let me guess: the Hiarcs forum!? :roll:
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Great! Actually, thanks to your tournament (the REAL world championship!) I am getting interested in computer chess again!