AlienBoard: android app for chess variants

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

shiv

Re: AlienBoard: android app for chess variants

Post by shiv »

Daniel Shawul wrote:
1. I never insulted Nebiyu. I know better than to insult something like Nebiyu, which is many months of your labor. I have written large projects (though not chess software) that have been ignored and know the painful feeling. Why should we ignore Nebiyu? Also see comment #2 about ARM CPU optimization which might be applicable to Nebiyu as well.
painful feeling ?? you are really something.. nebiyu gives me enjoyement for the record...

2. On the scorpio yikes comment. My understanding of the statement was like this: You have written scorpio for the desktop which is > 2700 (according to CCRL). On the mobile, you claim its 2000. I don't believe that at all!
Genius, did you even read my comment that stresses it with (_guess_).
I also find it funny that you think a person like me who has never written a chess engine in my life has the right to insult someone who has written a 2700 level chess engine!
You give way too much credit for your self.
Like I said it is "On to the next one".
Bye bye now.
On painful feeling, I am referring to painful feelings when MY software was ignored. I did NOT make a comment on Nebiyu with that statement.

With _guess_, I see your point. It might be a low guess then.

I do not understand why you are still upset given that I clarified the comment that I was actually expressing praise for Scorpio on the mobile. You still say I have given too much credit for myself, I dont see how. Its not clear where I have credited myself. I don't consider myself a genius at all and am surprised by your statement.

Seems like you are upset for some reason. I have little idea why at this point, beyond my above explanations. People have said far worse things in this forum. I did not say anything negative. We can continue by PM if you like. Good luck with Scorpio and Alienboard whether we remain on speaking terms or not.
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

You are like a zombie that won't die. Stop sending me pms. This is the third time I have made it clear I have no interest discussing with you. Get a pseudo, dig up an old troll account or something...
On painful feeling, I am referring to painful feelings when MY software was ignored. I did NOT make a comment on Nebiyu with that statement.

I didn't even say it is an eductated guess but a _random_ guess, so anything is acceptable.
I do not understand why you are still upset given that I clarified the comment that I was actually expressing praise for Scorpio on the mobile. You still say I have given too much credit for myself, I dont see how. Its not clear where I have credited myself. I don't consider myself a genius at all and am surprised by your statement.

Seems like you are upset for some reason. I have little idea why at this point, beyond my above explanations. People have said far worse things in this forum. I did not say anything negative. We can continue by PM if you like. Good luck with Scorpio and Alienboard whether we remain on speaking terms or not.
No thank you no PMs. Haven't you been rejected by someone? Nobody owes you an explanation for their decision. Just move on.
Have some decency and stop elongating my thread I meant for technical discussion.
petero2
Full name: Peter Osterlund

Post by petero2 »

Daniel Shawul wrote:You can make many chess moves by one single click instead of two. For example e2e4 can be made by clicking the empty e4 square. That is simple enough but there are many cases that comes handy specially in other board games. For some reason I like this feature,and no other GUI does that AFAIK.
DroidFish does that if you enable "one touch moves".

Shredder does that if you enable "one tap input".
shiv

Post by shiv »

Daniel Shawul wrote:You are like a zombie that won't die. Stop sending me pms. This is the third time I have made it clear I have no interest discussing with you. Get a pseudo, dig up an old troll account or something...

I didn't even say it is an eductated guess but a _random_ guess, so anything is acceptable.

No thank you no PMs. Haven't you been rejected by someone? Nobody owes you an explanation for their decision. Just move on.
Have some decency and stop elongating my thread I meant for technical discussion.
Ok, I will stop trying to contact you or add more to this thread. However, I do not appreciate your personal attacks on me (calling me a troll, a "genius", and insulting my character more than once). I have alerted the moderators. This is against the forum charter.
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

petero2 wrote:
Daniel Shawul wrote:You can make many chess moves by one single click instead of two. For example e2e4 can be made by clicking the empty e4 square. That is simple enough but there are many cases that comes handy specially in other board games. For some reason I like this feature,and no other GUI does that AFAIK.

Mine is different. It is not a simple comparison of 'to' squares to select a move like you seem to do. It collects clicks and makes the move only when it is clear about what is meant. If you have missed it , I have mentioned that this is meant for other board games with long moves and captures. You can start clicking from anywhere that the move contains. But if you still want to see the difference in chess to, see what droidfish do when f3 is clicked at the initial positon. Mine does the move after you resolve the ambiguity by clicking the pawn or the knight... Dose yours do so ?
petero2
Full name: Peter Osterlund

Post by petero2 »

Daniel Shawul wrote:
petero2 wrote:

Mine is different. It is not a simple comparison of 'to' squares to select a move like you seem to do. It collects clicks and makes the move only when it is clear about what is meant. If you have missed it , I have mentioned that this is meant for other board games with long moves and captures. You can start clicking from anywhere that the move contains. But if you still want to see the difference in chess to, see what droidfish do when f3 is clicked at the initial positon. Mine does the move after you resolve the ambiguity by clicking the pawn or the knight... Dose yours do so ?
No, DroidFish doesn't do that but Shredder does.
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

Ok then. I don't have shredder costs dollars. But like I said it is not a simplistic code like compare to then from etc, which I suspect shredder does too (it is simple to do). So I am not impressed. For other games like checkers, ultima you will understand how important coloring, short moves etc is. If you use the comparison scheme you will fall short quickly on those. Anyway it is completely different from algorithmic point of view even for standard chess ...
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

shiv wrote:
Daniel Shawul wrote:You are like a zombie that won't die. Stop sending me pms. This is the third time I have made it clear I have no interest discussing with you. Get a pseudo, dig up an old troll account or something...

Ok, I will stop trying to contact you or add more to this thread. However, I do not appreciate your personal attacks on me (calling me a troll, a "genius", and insulting my character more than once). I have alerted the moderators. This is against the forum charter.
[MODERATION]

This is a really nice thread that for some reason seems to be escalating for no reason at all. Both of you a worthy members, so I think that the sparks here will be very easy to smother. I suggest to tone it down a notch. The thread deserves it!

Miguel