No longer playchess for iOS ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Lion

No longer playchess for iOS ?

Post by Lion »

Hi all
After upgrading my iPad2 to iOS 5.1 I had to remove the playchess app since it was no longer working.
I wanted to download it again, but don't find it anymore....
Does any of you have faced the same problem ?

Rgds
Andre

Re: No longer playchess for iOS ?

Post by Andre »

Same problem here... The app crashes at startup
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

I still have the app on my iphone 4s and have updated to iOS 5.1.But after launching app and logging on it just force closes when selecting either Play/Kibbitz/Settings.Also the app is not available in iTunes at the moment.I guess ChessBase are aware and perhaps trying to create a fix for this before they create too much hassles for people downloading and getting angry.The CB main new site still has the app in add window.
http://www.chessbase.com/
I just tested the app that is on iPod Touch that is still running iOS 5.0.1 and don't have any problems.So would think it is iOS 5.1 problem.
Lion

Post by Lion »

Ok, thanks so I am not the only one.

I due nevertheless kind of find it strange that CB is advertising on they own site a soft that currently doesn't exist.... :)
Robert Weck

Post by Robert Weck »

Lion wrote: I due nevertheless kind of find it strange that CB is advertising on they own site a soft that currently doesn't exist.... :)
Maybe it has been made invisible for 5.1-users, so that they do not install/buy an app, that don't work on their system?

Any 4.x users here? :wink:
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Chessbase just released the fix.Should show as an update now.