Christian Berliner banned

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Roger Brown

Christian Berliner banned

Post by Roger Brown »

Hello All,

Christian Berliner has been sent on a brief break.

As I am sure that there will be all sorts of commentary unsupported by facts, I will only say that I did contact Christian Berliner by e-mail and sought to have him post appropriately.

This is the result.

Yes, there have been a number of complaints about his posts but do not let that stop you from going at it.

Seconds to go now....

Later.
Sean Evans

Re: Christian Berliner banned

Post by Sean Evans »

Brown you have a very bad habit of making unilateral decisions, moving posts, banning people, locking posts. I assume you have a low level job with little supervisory authority! :roll:

Cordially,

Sean
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Of course a justified move by the moderators
the man was on a posting rampage for two days now undoubtedly fueled by Alcohol

Off The Wagon Regards
Steve
Andres Valverde

Post by Andres Valverde »

Steve B wrote:Of course a justified move by the moderators

Off The Wagon Regards
Steve
+1
Saludos, Andres
Dayffd

Post by Dayffd »

Steve B wrote:Of course a justified move by the moderators

Off The Wagon Regards
Steve
+2
David S.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Sean Evans wrote:Brown you have a very bad habit of making unilateral decisions, moving posts, banning people, locking posts. I assume you have a low level job with little supervisory authority! :roll:

Cordially,

Sean
:lol:

Yes, it is quite apparent that Brown is a peon, a person of menial position, a low ranking person in real life. Thus, he gets his jollies by having power over our posts. And abusing that power. :( . Let's list his abuses:

1) Banned natasha donna, just about the only females that grace this forum. And just because they started spamming members with PM's. :roll:

2) Banned Berliner, Christian after only approximately 40 posts containing more insults than information. I just bet it was because of those witty puns on the word brown in the earlier posts. And I am sure the delay had nothing to do with discussing possible actions with the other moderators or trying to establish a dialogue with Berliner, Christian. :x

3) Locking and moving posts. So what if their primary purpose was to stir up trouble. How dare he do that! What gives him the right?!

There are many more examples. I just lost count of all of them. All I know is that if he was a proper moderator, he would do nothing until a person such as yourself yells "Why haven't you done anything about this, you boot lickin', Hyatt lovin' nobody?"

On a serious note, every moderator will commit an act at times that will engender the ill will of a segment of CCC. In most cases, the act was done with the best of intentions, even if the rationale falters upon further reflection. Quite frankly, I do not understand the vehemence of response that certain people feel free to direct at moderators or at their fellow CCC members. Two people may disagree. That disagreement may become heated. Yet, at no time does that disagreement have to devolve into insults. And there is no reason for anybody insult a moderator (feel free to critic). They may be voted into the position, but there is no pay and little to no power that goes with the position. And from what I have seen, no perks. It is volunteer work. And if you do not like how they act as moderator, well it is not a permanent position. And you do have some recourse.

Having said that, Sean or anybody else may insult me all you want if I am elected as moderator. I have a thick skin, and it may make me laugh. Take note though, if you chronically insult other members and I am a moderator, I will ask and eventually demand that the insults cease. So, do not vote for me if this strikes you as something you do not want from a moderator.

Lastly. Despite any philosophical differences anybody may have with members of the current moderation team, I do believe that the prevailing opinion in CCC is that they have done a good job. After all, the only reason why we are selecting new moderators is that Fern, Bob, and Roger are quitting. They are not being forced out. I know there is a lack of demand to be moderator. But if they had done a bad job, they would not still be in that position. I, for one, did as well as one would hope for. Maybe not perfect, but still well done.

Personally, I think Roger Brown has been a good moderator.

(Roger, check your pm. I sent the contact info for my PayPal account there.)
Don

Post by Don »

Roger Brown wrote:Hello All,

Christian Berliner has been sent on a brief break.

As I am sure that there will be all sorts of commentary unsupported by facts, I will only say that I did contact Christian Berliner by e-mail and sought to have him post appropriately.

This is the result.

Yes, there have been a number of complaints about his posts but do not let that stop you from going at it.

Seconds to go now....

Later.
A wise decisions!
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

I believe the moderators are/were doing a bad job. Considering the fact that they had to hold a re-election to get their power in the first place (fact), that is no surprise. Due to this great injustice, now nobody wants to go even for individual voting.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Good riddance. What a pointless troll.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Adam Hair wrote:
. After all, the only reason why we are selecting new moderators is that Fern, Bob, and Roger are quitting. They are not being forced out..)
Well not exactly quitting
mod terms last 6 months and its time for elections
but i fully understand what you meant

Thick "Skinnedness"(if there is such a word) is the main trait a good moderator needs to do the job
one must become" Spock Like "and check his emotions at the door

Roger has this ability to the max and as a result was an exemplary moderator
IMHO Regards
Steve