So, which fool deleted my thread about intended legal action

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

HiTech2

Re: So, which fool deleted my thread about intended legal ac

Post by HiTech2 »

geots wrote:I would be extremely interested in knowing more about your reply to Harvey. What I have read so far gets a "quad thumbs up."
^1^ Let us drill down into Hiarcs. Given its source-language, very honorable pedigree and reclusive author, it could be reasonably expected to be free from even the faintest taint of "borrowing", right?
^2^ Everything about the hidden "Decembrists" was a lie. Not just the obvious lie about where they were from, but also the number of "them", and of course their motivation.
A good detective may find an overlap between the information in the two paragraphs above.
marcelk

Post by marcelk »

michiguel wrote:I find the avatar witty and hilarious. Don't you people have any sense of humor? I did not read any of the rest, though :-)

Yes, it is troll message, but at least creative. Do not answer and that will be it.
I saw it and chuckled, it was an entertaining read. Very well done and reminiscent of Rolf's better years. The logo a brilliant find and the rest rather harmless. Who fell for it, replied or moderated, only has himself to blame for taking himself too seriously. Like a sour monarch punishing his jester.
fern

Re: HIC RODAS HIC SALTA

Post by fern »

What this pearl means?: "Latin is not directly render able in English".
Which language is "directly render able" in any other?
That is nonsense. In Spanish nonsense perhaps is render able as "estupidez.,

If you are going to fill with that kind of reasons your cause against the bad boys, man, take a second look at it.

fern
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

Fern, look at my previous post, please. It was not directed to you, but I wanted to correct the correction.

Rodas (or Rhodas) do not exist in latin :twisted:

No fee due... :)
bob

Post by bob »

Terry McCracken wrote:
bob wrote:He's not related to Hans, nor any other "Berliner". You might check his first name, of course...
Are you thinking Christian Donninger?
No. Take first five letters of name...
acase
Full name: Andrew R Case

Post by acase »

bob wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
bob wrote:He's not related to Hans, nor any other "Berliner". You might check his first name, of course...

Indeed, this must be Chris Whittington, his English is too good to be Rolf :wink:
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

bob wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
I wonder how Hans Berliner would feel about Whittington parading around in drag using his name?
Terry McCracken
fern

Post by fern »

Yes you are right I believe, but the history keeps uts worth the same, no matter if Rodas, rodes, Rodhus, etc.
Thanks
Fern
geots

Post by geots »

michiguel wrote:
Don wrote:
HiTech2 wrote:?
Why didn't you vandals move it to the Engine Origins section instead, if it upset you, instead of deleting it? Shame on you. The matter is very relevant to computer chess and its southerly direction.
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=220
C.Berliner
http://www.nacgm.org
Redondo Beach, CA and elsewhere.
I don't know what post was deleted, but I have already seen several of your posts and they are covering very old ground that has been talked to death already. For example the concept that it's ok to copy code because all programs use ideas from other programs - come on already! You don't actually believe that is a new thought that only you have do you? There are thousands of words on this already and I would guess that 95% of the forum users here are tired of this issue, regardless of which side of it they are on.

I would suggest that you look at the archives going back for the past 2 or 3 years in order to catch up with what is going on. All your posts have been highly negative and seemingly designed to provoke anger so I would suggest that if you really are interested in any of these issues that you at least try to come up with something original and present what you have in a respectful way, the same way you would like to be treated.

By the way, are you related to Hans Berliner? Also, your ICGA avatar is deceptive since the International Computer Games Association uses the same letters, but your stands for the International Chewing Gum Association. Why are you advertising for them? Are you in the chewing gum business?
I find the avatar witty and hilarious. Don't you people have any sense of humor? I did not read any of the rest, though :-)

Yes, it is troll message, but at least creative. Do not answer and that will be it.

Miguel

You are right, but I think you missed his shot. The best humor has truth in it. His point was the "chess" icga carried no more weight than a chewing gum factory. And they have proved that on their own with no help from detractors. They are a joke.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

geots wrote:
michiguel wrote:
Don wrote:
HiTech2 wrote:?
Why didn't you vandals move it to the Engine Origins section instead, if it upset you, instead of deleting it? Shame on you. The matter is very relevant to computer chess and its southerly direction.
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=220
C.Berliner
http://www.nacgm.org
Redondo Beach, CA and elsewhere.
I don't know what post was deleted, but I have already seen several of your posts and they are covering very old ground that has been talked to death already. For example the concept that it's ok to copy code because all programs use ideas from other programs - come on already! You don't actually believe that is a new thought that only you have do you? There are thousands of words on this already and I would guess that 95% of the forum users here are tired of this issue, regardless of which side of it they are on.

I would suggest that you look at the archives going back for the past 2 or 3 years in order to catch up with what is going on. All your posts have been highly negative and seemingly designed to provoke anger so I would suggest that if you really are interested in any of these issues that you at least try to come up with something original and present what you have in a respectful way, the same way you would like to be treated.

By the way, are you related to Hans Berliner? Also, your ICGA avatar is deceptive since the International Computer Games Association uses the same letters, but your stands for the International Chewing Gum Association. Why are you advertising for them? Are you in the chewing gum business?
I find the avatar witty and hilarious. Don't you people have any sense of humor? I did not read any of the rest, though :-)

Miguel

You are right, but I think you missed his shot. The best humor has truth in it. His point was the "chess" icga carried no more weight than a chewing gum factory. And they have proved that on their own with no help from detractors. They are a joke.
Here's a joke..... George Speight
Terry McCracken