DroidFish 1.40

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

petero2
Full name: Peter Osterlund

DroidFish 1.40

Post by petero2 »

DroidFish 1.40 has recently been released in the Android market.

New in this version is support for Gaviota tablebases. Big thanks to Miguel A. Ballicora for developing this tablebase format.

More info here: http://web.comhem.se/petero2home/droidfish/index.html
Albert Silver

Re: DroidFish 1.40

Post by Albert Silver »

petero2 wrote:DroidFish 1.40 has recently been released in the Android market.

New in this version is support for Gaviota tablebases. Big thanks to Miguel A. Ballicora for developing this tablebase format.

More info here: http://web.comhem.se/petero2home/droidfish/index.html
Hi Peter,

Many thanks for it. I use it on my tablet to study books with. It is my board if you will. I do have a few requests:

- higher resolution pieces for tablet factors. The pieces look fine on my phone, but not so great on my tablet (1024 x 600 resolution). A couple of extra piece sets would be nice too, but that is less of an issue.

- drag-and-drop pieces. This for me is a big one. I enjoy the option of dragging and dropping a piece on the board, whether playing on ICC, or using an alternate interface such as CB Online.

- when playing against someone, it would be nice to have an easy button to flip the board so that when it is their turn, the board is easily shown from their perspective.

- The M button serves to have the engine start thinking to move, as an opponent. Would it be possible to have it serve as an on/off switch when in two-player mode? Meaning that if I am analyzing it would simply serve to turn on the engine or turn it off. This would be a big plus IMHO.

In any case, many thanks for the great interface.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Zagalo

Re: DroidFish 1.40

Post by Zagalo »

Great program. Thanks Peter :D