What chess engine plays the most aggressive chess vs humans?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Master Om

Re: What chess engine plays the most aggressive chess vs hum

Post by Master Om »

rvida wrote:Critter 0.90

Seriously, I am not kidding...
Critter 0.90 is not Aggressive at all. It is just tactically Strongest. Aggressive is Stockfish (Specially 1.8/1.9) and Zappa at King Safety Eval = 500.
Always Expect the Unexpected
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Fernando,

yes!
In my opinion, it was a myth only.

Can nothing interesting things see in my older database with this engine. But perhaps I must have more as 750 games before I get the first good attacking game. It's allways the same, this engine open very early the positions with open lines. I think with a lot of random this engine can play a good attack game. After the position is open this engine lost most of he games very fast. I missed the ability to assert oneself.

Best
Frank
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Fernando,

yes!
In my opinion, it was a myth only.

Can nothing interesting things see in my older database with this engine. But perhaps I must have more as 750 games before I get the first good attacking game. It's allways the same, this engine open very early the positions with open lines. I think with a lot of random this engine can play a good attack game. After the position is open this engine lost most of the games very fast. I missed the ability to assert oneself.

Best
Frank
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

the king by johan de koning plays very difficult for humans.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Dan Andersson

Post by Dan Andersson »

Oh yes, Gandalf 6. Quite aggressive indeed. The released version was scaled back w. regards to aggressiveness compared to some of the betas. I had great fun going over a whole lot of games. Even got a few ideas in Grünfeld from it.

MvH Dan Andersson
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Dan,

yes, Gandalf is one of the greatest developed engines.
In the times I create the first WB Edition CD for Gambit-Soft I used this program as main engine.

Most interesting for the older versions is 4.32f, I believe on my older CD. But the tactical strongest Gandalf version I ever saw is 4.32d. Never I public this version because this version have two problems with the WB protocol as I have in my brain.

Later Gandalf, Capture other engines are on the second WB Edition CD as UCI engines. Capture are also a very nice chess program but not so strong in tactics, more in positional style.

Best
Frank
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Michael,

Nimzo 3 DOS was also a very nice engine and strong in tactics. I like the Windows GUI Chrilly developed years later. WB Nimzo 2000 and Nimzo 7.32 is the same. Later Nimzo 8 come out and ChessBase gave the information around 100 ELO stronger. OK, perhaps 20 ELO not more ... one of the marketing things from ChessBase in this time. I have not the opinion that Nimzo 8 is playing more interesting tactical chess as Nimzo 2000b. In my opinion Nimzo 2000b / Nimzo 7.32 is more interesting.

But from all the Nimzo stuff I like most Nimzo 3 DOS. Using this engines for beta testing work with Kallisto I do for Jan Lowman for many years. I think 1993 or 1994. Wow, where is all the time ... I am thinking it was yesterday so far. Working here with Nimzo 3, Zarkov 2.51 and WChess 1.2, different MChess versions and of course Mephisto Gideon by Ed. Chess System Tal was not good enough for testing at this times.

Best
Frank
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Kingghidorah wrote:I'll say Chess Tiger 2007. I know some GM will not even play it on ICC.

MChess Pro & Deep Junior are nice too along with Kittinger's baby, wChess.

Deep Sjeng was good too.
I'd say Stockfish 1.6/1.7. They were borderline kamikaze even against other engines.

This would be my clear number one.

Rybka 3 Dynamic possibly, though I am guessing as I never saw it that much.

Critter 0.90 (I agree with Vida)

Junior (any from 8 and up)
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Albert,

yes, SF 1.7.1 is very strong in tactics.
Better is the 2.1.1 PHQ settings, you should try out this and compare it with 1.7.1. You will like it.

PHQ is playing in SWCR.
1.400 games and the setting can be found in my latest Update to my ended SWCR database.

Have a nice evening.

Best
Frank
Kingghidorah

Post by Kingghidorah »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Albert,

yes, SF 1.7.1 is very strong in tactics.
Better is the 2.1.1 PHQ settings, you should try out this and compare it with 1.7.1. You will like it.

PHQ is playing in SWCR.
1.400 games and the setting can be found in my latest Update to my ended SWCR database.

Have a nice evening.

Best
Frank
PHQ = Personality something oir other?
En passant,

Lonnie

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Harvey Fierstein