Another strong engine

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Another strong engine

Post by Graham Banks »

Master Om wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
MM wrote:Fruit 3 UCI? Never heard of it. Does it exist??

Regards
Who knows? Chances are it's another fake.
Although Eros never use Fake engines , may be he got it from Nolan!!!!!
Wouldn't somebody need permission to call their modified engine Fruit 3?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
geots

Post by geots »

Terry McCracken wrote:
geots wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matrix-30 ... 23?sk=info

Matrix 3000 Chess Engine
Software

Basic Information
Founded

About
Programmer: Mark Lee Meara. Chief Advertiser: Katie Hamad. Graphic Artist: Anna Skittlesquid.

Description
A chess engine is a computer program which can play the game of chess. Matrix 3000 is an exciting new chess engine, capable of defeating the strongest free engine, Houdini 1.5a, and well on it's way to chess domination! It's aggressive style is reminiscent of great human players such as Kasparov, Fischer, and Carlsen. Current rating lists place the commercial Houdini 2 at the top of the rating lists, with a rating between 3022 and 3308 Elo, depending on the source. Current private engine tests (c. 500 games, more to come) suggest Matrix 3000 is around 50 elo stronger than Houdini 1.5a, and 35 elo stronger than Houdini 2.0
Bit early for April Fools...

http://www.chess2u.com/t5250-new-matrix ... an-houdini

This is old news. Your fiance Ellie Guest (oops- natasha) told me about this engine day before yesterday. I find it hard to believe you didn't get the memo- no bedroom secrets exchanged? I even received a compile- (which I opened in sandboxie of course) I am not a complete idiot. But close.
You really are an obnoxious asshole. You admit you morons maintain communication. It's telling...
So you played a role making an fraudulent account with my name in their forum?
You are a complete idiot and then some!

http://morethanchessagame.forumotion.co ... forum#6093

No, you brainless twit. I don't communicate with her- I never reply to her mails. The above was the truth- except I changed the dates- and I caught her. Withinin 90 seconds of my thread, she replied back with a copy of my thread with your answer, calling me a liar. Awfully quick, don't you think. That is what I was fishing for, nutcase. I don't think she is surfing from the outside. I don't know anything about your accounts, and don't give a shit. Why are you the last one to ever figure out anything.
tttony

Post by tttony »

If this chess engine is very strong why don't just make public the engine to test it?

Why beta testers??
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

geots wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
geots wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matrix-30 ... 23?sk=info

Matrix 3000 Chess Engine
Software

Basic Information
Founded

About
Programmer: Mark Lee Meara. Chief Advertiser: Katie Hamad. Graphic Artist: Anna Skittlesquid.

Description
A chess engine is a computer program which can play the game of chess. Matrix 3000 is an exciting new chess engine, capable of defeating the strongest free engine, Houdini 1.5a, and well on it's way to chess domination! It's aggressive style is reminiscent of great human players such as Kasparov, Fischer, and Carlsen. Current rating lists place the commercial Houdini 2 at the top of the rating lists, with a rating between 3022 and 3308 Elo, depending on the source. Current private engine tests (c. 500 games, more to come) suggest Matrix 3000 is around 50 elo stronger than Houdini 1.5a, and 35 elo stronger than Houdini 2.0
Bit early for April Fools...

http://www.chess2u.com/t5250-new-matrix ... an-houdini

This is old news. Your fiance Ellie Guest (oops- natasha) told me about this engine day before yesterday. I find it hard to believe you didn't get the memo- no bedroom secrets exchanged? I even received a compile- (which I opened in sandboxie of course) I am not a complete idiot. But close.
You really are an obnoxious asshole. You admit you morons maintain communication. It's telling...
So you played a role making an fraudulent account with my name in their forum?
You are a complete idiot and then some!

http://morethanchessagame.forumotion.co ... forum#6093

No, you brainless twit. I don't communicate with her- I never reply to her mails. The above was the truth- except I changed the dates- and I caught her. Withinin 90 seconds of my thread, she replied back with a copy of my thread with your answer, calling me a liar. Awfully quick, don't you think. That is what I was fishing for, nutcase. I don't think she is surfing from the outside. I don't know anything about your accounts, and don't give a shit. Why are you the last one to ever figure out anything.
It's not my answer you fu cking moron. You and your cohorts deserve prison time!

Tell me who these people are or you're going to be reported to legal authorties for being a part of this!

Why you're not banned for life is beyond me. This whole place has gone to hell with psychopaths like yourself!
Terry McCracken
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

tttony wrote:If this chess engine is very strong why don't just make public the engine to test it?

Why beta testers??
It doesn't exist. It's a hoax perpetrated by some twisted fu cks.
Terry McCracken
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:+35 Elo stronger than Houdini 2 ? Wow !

surely not a clone :wink: :roll:
Seems more than likely that they used the tool you created to tune Houdini's parameters and make it stronger, based on what "Om" has posted. That would seem much more plausible than having reverse engineered it.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Jimmy Huggins

Post by Jimmy Huggins »

I'll believe this when...

1. When pigs fly
2. When you find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
3. When there is no longer trolls on the internet.

Sorry if I smell that familiar odor called bullshit.
bnculp

Post by bnculp »

The beta copy of Matrix 3000 that I received is a clone of Houdini 1.5a x64. I did a binary compare and I only see a few changes like program name and some UCI options (Hash , Probe Depth). It still lists Robert Houdart as the author :evil: :evil: :evil:
Master Om

Post by Master Om »

bnculp wrote:The beta copy of Matrix 3000 that I received is a clone of Houdini 1.5a x64. I did a binary compare and I only see a few changes like program name and some UCI options (Hash , Probe Depth). It still lists Robert Houdart as the author :evil: :evil: :evil:
True. A hex edited Houdini 1.5a
Always Expect the Unexpected
geots

Post by geots »

bnculp wrote:The beta copy of Matrix 3000 that I received is a clone of Houdini 1.5a x64. I did a binary compare and I only see a few changes like program name and some UCI options (Hash , Probe Depth). It still lists Robert Houdart as the author :evil: :evil: :evil:

I hate that. I thought it was legit.

gts