Well Its been 3 days since Rajlich has been taking questions

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Re: Maestro Julien !

Post by JuLieN »

Sylwy wrote:
JuLieN wrote:
towforce wrote:
Sylwy wrote:A motto :
"Quod licet Jovi non licet bovi"
OT: is that Latin? Google translates it as: "That, although it is not permitted to Jupiter's ox" - link.
Not, it means that what Jupiter is allowed to do, the ox can't do. It comes from the fact that Jupiter often turned into an ox to seduce Earth women (here seen as cattle). The meaning is just that there are double standards when a powerful being can do what he wants.
What an opportunity !

Version 2.2.1 , PLEASE ?

SR :wink:
I swear it's about ready, Ruxy (every known bug that was reported is fixed, except for a ponder problem when using Prédateur with Plyglot, that Leo reported). This time, though, I'll take time to test each binary before release :)
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Maestro Julien !

Post by Sylwy »

JuLieN wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
JuLieN wrote:
towforce wrote:
OT: is that Latin? Google translates it as: "That, although it is not permitted to Jupiter's ox" - link.
Not, it means that what Jupiter is allowed to do, the ox can't do. It comes from the fact that Jupiter often turned into an ox to seduce Earth women (here seen as cattle). The meaning is just that there are double standards when a powerful being can do what he wants.
What an opportunity !

Version 2.2.1 , PLEASE ?

SR :wink:
I swear it's about ready, Ruxy (every known bug that was reported is fixed, except for a ponder problem when using Prédateur with Plyglot, that Leo reported). This time, though, I'll take time to test each binary before release :)
Till now I have collected all logos for Prédateur !

SilvianR

:wink:
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Re: Well Its been 3 days since Rajlich has been taking quest

Post by lucasart »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Steve B wrote:
natasha wrote:he also ignored certain polite questions resulting in the deleting of certain posts

not sure what you are saying here
certain questions were deleted by the moderators ?
why would that occur?
the questions were offensive or personal attacks or simply questions he chooses not to answer?
i doubt that the last possibility is the reason for deletions
after all he did agree to answer questions about all of this in the first place

Startled Regards
Steve
Vas's moderators decided they did not like Jeremy's posts.

see http://www.open-chess.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1802
have any of Bob's or Zachs Questions been deleted?
not sure what Berenstein brings to the debate ..although i guess his posts ought not be deleted For no good reason
just too many cooks in that thread spoiling the broth
Natasha Kinski over here thinks the thread was started to promote Rybka 5 but that doesn't seem plausible to me
any thread about Rybka 5 would have created a feeding frenzy on the Rybka forum..no need to pretend to answer questions about the ICGA

Thread spinning into Gimbal Lock Regards
Steve
Vas imho has not given any serious answers to any questions and has avoided all the difficult questions. I suspect he will now vansh until the release of R5 leaving Ed as his spokesman.
yeah, that's a good summary
towforce

Re: My open letter to a CCC mod !

Post by towforce »

JuLieN wrote:
towforce wrote:
Julien and Ruxy: thanks for the clarifications!
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!
pocopito

Re: Well Its been 3 days since Rajlich has been taking quest

Post by pocopito »

Help yourself :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_bias

Anyway, I guess the main reason is that when someone wants to believe something (s)he doesn't need many arguments to keep on believing.

By the way, +1