Ed Schröder retires from ICGA.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bob

Re: Ed Schröder retires from ICGA.

Post by bob »

Sarciness wrote:
bob wrote:
The only way Rybka can survive is if Vas comes clean and then gets rid of any remaining Fruit/Crafty code in his program. Otherwise, NOTHING is going to change, regardless of your meandering nonsense.
I believe that you believe that there is Fruit source in Rybka. I''m not so sure.
Have you read the ICGA report CAREFULLY? Have you read Zach's evidence CAREFULLY? Have you read Mark's evidence CAREFULLY? Have you looked at the Rybka 1.6.1 / Crafty 19.x evidence CAREFULLY?

If you answer YES to all of those, and are not convinced, then it is unlikely that you would be convinced even should Vas confess..
Sarciness

Post by Sarciness »

bob wrote:
Have you read the ICGA report CAREFULLY? Have you read Zach's evidence CAREFULLY? Have you read Mark's evidence CAREFULLY? Have you looked at the Rybka 1.6.1 / Crafty 19.x evidence CAREFULLY?

If you answer YES to all of those, and are not convinced, then it is unlikely that you would be convinced even should Vas confess..
Frankly, I don't understand any of it. Maybe I am too stupid. I don't understand Ed's side either. There is so much material on both sides- some say you can get this or that from RE- some say you can't. Some say the PST values are the same, some say the coefficients are different, making the whole table different. Some say PSTs don't constitute code. I'm not a programmer- how can I know? All I know is that some experts agree with your side, some don't. I have no clue!

As for the human side, the whole thing did not feel professional from the start. The findings of the panel may be correct- I don't know. The panel does not seem to be unbiased to me, whatever is said. My guess is that Vas WAS guilty of at least breaking the rules, at least in the way I would interpret them. Watching interviews with him, he seems a little liberal with his interpretation of what's "public domain".

As to Ed, he comes across as someone who is passionate and is standing up for what he believes in. Of course that's my POV- you can call him a kid a kid destroying his toys so no-one can have them. I think that's bogus.
geots

Post by geots »

Of course I see that Hyatt replies to each of my threads. I never read ANY of his replies to ANYTHING by ANYONE any longer. If you want an idea of why, read Jeroen's summary of Hyatt in the "Engine Origins" section concerning this issue.

I stand by what I have said, and I will leave his replies to you to waste time reading if you choose to. I don't trust him, I don't trust his motives with his obsessive vendetta against Vas and Rybka- which goes much further than any normal person would carry it. As for ICGA, it was a move that Ed felt he needed to make, and I applaud him for his standing up for his beliefs. And I doubt he will be the only one. Even rats know when to leave a sinking ship. The best thing would be for ICGA down the road to only have Bob and Levy left- arguing over a game of checkers.

george
Zach Wegner

Post by Zach Wegner »

Rebel wrote:Did you a favor and updated the page, I don't think you will like it. But you forced me. The thing you have to learn is to take responsibility for what you said in the past but is not convenient today.

http://www.top-5000.nl/pst.htm
When did Bob change his name to ICGA Bob?
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

geots wrote:Of course I see that Hyatt replies to each of my threads. I never read ANY of his replies to ANYTHING by ANYONE any longer. If you want an idea of why, read Jeroen's summary of Hyatt in the "Engine Origins" section concerning this issue.

I stand by what I have said, and I will leave his replies to you to waste time reading if you choose to. I don't trust him, I don't trust his motives with his obsessive vendetta against Vas and Rybka- which goes much further than any normal person would carry it. As for ICGA, it was a move that Ed felt he needed to make, and I applaud him for his standing up for his beliefs. And I doubt he will be the only one. Even rats know when to leave a sinking ship. The best thing would be for ICGA down the road to only have Bob and Levy left- arguing over a game of checkers.

george
God...The Assholes are out in Force tonight! You don't know this but you're adrift very far from land and the rats are very hungry.
Terry McCracken
geots

Post by geots »

I have had people also ask me, even over the phone if you can believe it, why I never respond to any threads attacking me by Terry McCracken. All I can ever tell them is that he is mentally unbalanced and has some issues that really are not a laughing matter. So I NEVER EVER READ ONE OF HIS THREADS- to me or anyone else. For those to me, there are no exceptions. It would be a useless waste of my time to respond. And I cannot reply to something I never have and never will- read.

gts
Last edited by geots on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
natasha

Post by natasha »

geots wrote:Of course I see that Hyatt replies to each of my threads. I never read ANY of his replies to ANYTHING by ANYONE any longer. If you want an idea of why, read Jeroen's summary of Hyatt in the "Engine Origins" section concerning this issue.

george
rats are highly intelligent creatures

why are you still wading in rybkas sewers :?:
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

natasha wrote:

george

When proficient programmers can't agree over this issue, how can non-programmers be expected to know for sure?
That's my take anyway. :wink:
Last edited by Graham Banks on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
natasha

Post by natasha »

Graham Banks wrote:
natasha wrote:

george

When proficient programmers can't agree over this issue, how can non-programmers expect to agree one way or the other?
That's my take anyway. :wink:
sensible attitude

but theres also
if it smells like a duck , looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and drops poo like one ...chances are its a duck
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

geots wrote:I have had people also ask me, even over the phone if you can believe it, why I never respond to any threads attacking me by Terry McCracken. All I can ever tell them is that he is mentally unbalanced and has some issues that really are not a laughing matter. So I NEVER EVER READ ONE OF HIS THREADS- to me or anyone else. For those to me, there are no exceptions. And I cannot reply to something I never have and never will- read.

george

And you know a Guy who Knows a Guy. Mostly inmates of Bellvue and have fantasy phone discussions.

You're right, it's not a laughing matter.

If pea-brain members actually do phone you that's even more pathetic.
Terry McCracken