Page 1 of 2

Chess for Android v3.1

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:52 pm
by abik
I just released version 3.1 of Chess for Android, available at the Android Market or as direct download.

New features include:
  • engine pondering (UCI and XBoard)
  • fixed coach bug with move from/to a1
  • added application/x-chess-pgn MIME support

Re: Chess for Android v3.1

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:06 pm
by MM
abik wrote:I just released version 3.1 of Chess for Android, available at the Android Market or as direct download.

New features include:
  • engine pondering (UCI and XBoard)
  • fixed coach bug with move from/to a1
  • added application/x-chess-pgn MIME support
Hi, thank you. I already have it. How do i update it?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Re: Chess for Android v3.1

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:11 pm
by abik
MM wrote:Hi, thank you. I already have it. How do i update it?
If you installed it from the Android market, select "my apps", find Chess for Android, and select "update". Otherwise, just download the apk from my website, and install it directly.

Re: Chess for Android v3.1

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm
by MM
abik wrote:
MM wrote:Hi, thank you. I already have it. How do i update it?
If you installed it from the Android market, select "my apps", find Chess for Android, and select "update". Otherwise, just download the apk from my website, and install it directly.
Sorry, i can't find the option ''update''. Is it in the app? Or is it outside?

Re: Chess for Android v3.1

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:20 pm
by abik
MM wrote:Sorry, i can't find the option ''update''. Is it in the app? Or is it outside?
You have to start the Android Market application (not Chess for Android) to update. So from the main screen, click the "Market" icon, the press the MENU button and select "My Apps". This will open a list of applications you have installed from the Android Market. In this list, find Chess for Android, click on it (there will be an indicator that an update is available). Then select "Update".

Re: Chess for Android v3.1

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:34 pm
by MM
abik wrote:
MM wrote:Sorry, i can't find the option ''update''. Is it in the app? Or is it outside?
You have to start the Android Market application (not Chess for Android) to update. So from the main screen, click the "Market" icon, the press the MENU button and select "My Apps". This will open a list of applications you have installed from the Android Market. In this list, find Chess for Android, click on it (there will be an indicator that an update is available). Then select "Update".
Thank you, i downloaded it entirely again because i didn't see any indicator that un update was availabe. I just had an indicator that said ''installed''.

Best Regards

Re: Chess for Android v3.1

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:39 pm
by abik
MM wrote:Thank you, i downloaded it entirely again because i didn't see any indicator that un update was availabe. I just had an indicator that said ''installed''.
In that case, make sure you really installed version 3.1 (and not an earlier version). To verify, settings -> applications -> browse to Chess for Android, click and see what is listed as version. This should read 3.1.0.

Re: Chess for Android v3.1

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:44 pm
by MM
abik wrote:
MM wrote:Thank you, i downloaded it entirely again because i didn't see any indicator that un update was availabe. I just had an indicator that said ''installed''.
In that case, make sure you really installed version 3.1 (and not an earlier version). To verify, settings -> applications -> browse to Chess for Android, click and see what is listed as version. This should read 3.1.0.
Thank you,

i checked, 3.1.0.

Best Regards

Re: Chess for Android v3.1

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:03 pm
by mclane
heureka !! it works.

many thanks aart.

the engines now sometimes move instantly because they expected the move in ponder, or they are much deeper in search depth.

i guess this puts the testing onto a new level !

Re: Chess for Android v3.1

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:07 pm
by Adam Hair
Thank you very much, Aart!