ICCR (Independent Computer Chess Rating)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sedat Canbaz

ICCR (Independent Computer Chess Rating)

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Hello Dear Chess Friends,

I have a new idea/project for 2012:
-Let's create a new decent rating list,which will based on latest fast processors with slow time control

Here are the rules/conditions for ICCR rating

ICCR Conditions:
----------------------

Code: Select all

Processors          minimum Intel/AMD Six-Core or higher
Operating System    Windows 64-bit
Used Chess GUI      Fritz,Shredder,Arena,Aquarium,ChessGUI,ChessPatner,Winboard...
Tournament Type     Engine-Matches,Round-Robin,Swiss,Gauntlet
Time Control        45 Minutes + 15 Seconds
HashTable Size      1024 MB or higher
Ponder              OFF
Opening Book        Perfect 2012a or newer version
Book Learning       OFF
Tablebases          Nalimov/Gaviota/TripleBases...
TB Cache            128 MB or higher
More details:
-----------------
Actually we are a little bit late for creating a such decent rating list,but anyway its better late than never
Yes...it's time to build a new decent rating on latest fast processors with slow time control
And there is no doubt in case of such new rating,this list will include a lot of high quality valuble games
ICCR Testers will receive oftenly new updates of my Perfect opening book series
ICCR will accept only Testers which are owners of latest fast processors:
-i7 970/i7 980X/i7 990X/i7 3930k/i7 960X/2x Intel Xeon/AMD Phenom II X6 1035T/1055T/1100T...
Note:Quads or slower processors will be allowed only for testing in case of match:single - against single processor engine
The time control (45m+15s) will be adapted on i7 980X 3.33 GHz,so e.g on AMD Phenom II X6 1035T will be played with 70m+15s
Or other example,the time control on i7 3930k @4.60 GHz will adapted to 30m+15s

All experienced Testers from all over the World are welcome to join in the new team:ICCR

ICCR rating project will be cancelled,in case of no interest between 3 months period of time

For any questions please feel free to contact:
http://www.sedatcanbaz.com/chess/contact/

Best Regards,
Sedat Canbaz
Uri Blass

Re: ICCR (Independent Computer Chess Rating)

Post by Uri Blass »

How many people have 6 cores?

I guess that the big majority have no more than 4 cores so they cannot be ICCR testers.
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Uri Blass wrote:How many people have 6 cores?

I guess that the big majority have no more than 4 cores so they cannot be ICCR testers.
I know very well too that my new project will be not so easy...

But however in my opinion,we should concentrate on the latest new processors,if we really want see more quality games...

The life is changing....and the computer chess testings should be changed too

BTW,just another example in case of LADA machine,i would prefer Mercedes Benz :)

Best,
Sedat
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

One thing more,nowadays the web server does not allow me to post on these chess forums:Chess2U,Chess4U,RebornSE
I am not sure exactly what can be the reason...probably those sites are not allowed from Turkey

So...its will be great if anybody post my main message in those forums too

Thanks in advance,
Sedat
ivoryknight

Post by ivoryknight »

Has the PerfectBook 2012a been released to the general public? Is 2012a different than the original? Where can it be downloaded, if so?
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

ivoryknight wrote:Has the PerfectBook 2012a been released to the general public? Is 2012a different than the original? Where can it be downloaded, if so?
Thank you for your interest...

Perfect 2012a book is still not available,but i have good news...so in a few days i am planing to release Perfect v2012a (in many GUI book formats)

Regards,
Sedat
ivoryknight

Post by ivoryknight »

And thank *you* for all your hard work on your opening books. They are truly great.
kranium

Post by kranium »

Sedat Canbaz wrote:Hello Dear Chess Friends,

-Let's create a new decent rating list,which will based on latest fast processors with slow time control

Best Regards,
Sedat Canbaz
congrats and my full support for a great idea Sedat!

not many could pull this off...
but clearly, you have the experience, expertise, fairness of mind, and ability to make it a huge success.

it seems that it may be especially fortuitous at this time, considering the increased 'void' of unbiased and all-inclusive sites
that will be left by the announced and impending closure of Frank Quisinsky's excellent and standard-setting
http://www.amateurschach.de
(to which i'm sure you're well-acquainted)

anyway, my gratitude (in advance) for the great amount of time, expense, and effort this may (will?) take...

Best Regards-
Norm
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

kranium wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote:Hello Dear Chess Friends,

Best Regards,
Sedat Canbaz
congrats and my full support for a great idea Sedat!

not many could pull this off...
but clearly, you have the experience, expertise, fairness of mind, and ability to make it a huge success.

it seems that it may be especially fortuitous at this time, considering the increased 'void' of unbiased and all-inclusive sites
that will be left by the announced and impending closure of Frank Quisinsky's excellent and standard-setting
http://www.amateurschach.de
(to which i'm sure you're well-acquainted)

anyway, my gratitude (in advance) for the great amount of time, expense, and effort this may (will?) take...

Best Regards-
Norm

Thank you very much for your kind words dear Norman

Yes...i hope/wish a lot to be created a such useful independent rating
We really need to test the engines with maximum performance and strength

And it will be very sad news,in case of no any interest of creating a such decent rating

In other words,i made the first move/step and i hope there will be other chess friends who has the same opinion as mine

One thing more,i see that there are some people who still believe that new 6-core machines are too expensive
Actually in my opinion the latest 6-core machines are not so expensive,especially i mean for AMD 6 Cores
For example,in case of creating a new system -AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3 GHz,the total amount will be less than 1000 usd
Or in case of building a faster machine,e.g with i7 3930k processor,its needed approx. 1500 usd total

About Frank Quisinsky,
There is no doubt that Frank is one of the most experienced testers,which i know and his work is just fantastic over many years
And still there a lot of things,where we should learn from Frank's ideas and works

Btw,i know that its too early for announcing,but anyway there is a possibility to work together with Frank Quisinsky in ICCR

Let's see.. the time will show up

Best Wishes,
Sedat
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

ivoryknight wrote:And thank *you* for all your hard work on your opening books. They are truly great.
Dear Brent,

Not at all,its my pleasure...

Actually still i am not 100% satisfied by the performance of my opening books

Even after 3 years of work (almost daily i am working on my opening books)... still there a few lines,where the engines performance is approx 40% for Blacks and approx.50% for Whites

Of course,i can create another book version,where its all lines will be with much better performance,but in this case many popular openings should not be allowed

In other words,(before final release) my goal is to allow only the openings, which are nearly 45% for Blacks and 55% for Whites

Kind Regards
Sedat