Komodo 4 SP released!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ajedrecista

Please keep up your good work!

Post by Ajedrecista »

Hello:
Thank you for the kind words.

The plan is to make Komodo 4 MP exactly the same except for the MP part. If there are any improvements or bug fixes that we choose to implement, it will be incorporated in the MP as well as an upgraded SP version and it will be a free upgrade to previous purchasers. As long as it's part of the Komodo 4 series, it will be at no cost to existing owners of the software.
Thanks for keeping us informed. Disgracefully due to the crisis, I have to survive with freeware engines, such as the excellents Houdini 1.5a, Critter 1.4, SF 2.1.1 (and other intermediate compiles) and of course with Komodo 3, in spite of being single core.

But I encourage you to improve Komodo (formerly Doch (I suppose that it stands for Don chess, I do not know the cause of changing the name, just curious...) if possible. And of course (and more important): I wish you a speedy recovery!

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.
lkaufman

Re: Please keep up your good work!

Post by lkaufman »

Ajedrecista wrote:Hello:
Thank you for the kind words.

The plan is to make Komodo 4 MP exactly the same except for the MP part. If there are any improvements or bug fixes that we choose to implement, it will be incorporated in the MP as well as an upgraded SP version and it will be a free upgrade to previous purchasers. As long as it's part of the Komodo 4 series, it will be at no cost to existing owners of the software.
Thanks for keeping us informed. Disgracefully due to the crisis, I have to survive with freeware engines, such as the excellents Houdini 1.5a, Critter 1.4, SF 2.1.1 (and other intermediate compiles) and of course with Komodo 3, in spite of being single core.

But I encourage you to improve Komodo (formerly Doch (I suppose that it stands for Don chess, I do not know the cause of changing the name, just curious...) if possible. And of course (and more important): I wish you a speedy recovery!

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.
We got mostly bad feedback on the old name doch. Apparently it has a meaning in German which is not appealing. Komodo suggests Dragon which in turn suggests great power as well as the Dragon Sicilian defense. Also the Dragon isthe strongest piece in shogi, making it an especially good name for our shogiprogram (which is still pretty weak).