Android

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ajedrecista

Some mirrors.

Post by Ajedrecista »

Hello:

I have found some mirrors in this (czech?) blog (thanks to the blogger), scrolling down (at the right of the screen):

http://szachmaty.blogspot.com/2011/07/t ... hess2.html

@Maurizio: No idea of why it fails. I am in a PC and direct download from official web works for me. Here is a mirror I found in Fileserve (I hope it works, although I have not checked it because of the time restriction of Fileserve) gotten from the blog:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/CnRspEM/C ... ersion.zip

@Zagalo: I am in a PC and it also does not work for me (nor Android neither Mac OS). Here is a mirror I found in Fileserve (I have checked it and works for me) gotten from the blog:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/38BZgAH/Komodo_3.0.rar

@Aart: This is very strange indeed. I get a screen with rare signs, but the download does not start.

I hope that these links would be useful.

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.
abik
Full name: Aart Bik

Re: Some mirrors.

Post by abik »

Ajedrecista wrote:@Aart: This is very strange indeed. I get a screen with rare signs, but the download does not start.
Try long-press (from a phone) or right-click (from a PC) and chose "Save Link As" instead. Some browsers just open the binary as text contents.
MM

Post by MM »

abik wrote:
Ajedrecista wrote:@Aart: This is very strange indeed. I get a screen with rare signs, but the download does not start.
Try long-press (from a phone) or right-click (from a PC) and chose "Save Link As" instead. Some browsers just open the binary as text contents.
Yes, it is what it happens to me. When i click and ''save as'' in desktop (i'm reffering to Komodo 3-ab) it saves it as a text file. Should i transfer it to the phone anyway?

Thank you.

Regards
MM
Zagalo

Post by Zagalo »

Thanks MM.
The Komodo_3.0.rar file does contain the same file and-komodo3-ab that does not work. To know if it is a good android .apk file, add (.zip) to its name (make it as a zip file) then if it can be opend as zip then it should be a good android .apk file. Android .apk files are just .zip files.

Thanks abik.
Im on a PC now. But I was able to download komodo 2 for android and other files with just 1 click. I used the default browser. The file should have the extension .apk. When I click on the file I get a new web page with garbage text in it (like viewing .exe file)

Using Android 2.3.3
MM

Post by MM »

Zagalo wrote:Thanks MM.
The Komodo_3.0.rar file does contain the same file and-komodo3-ab that does not work. To know if it is a good android .apk file, add (.zip) to its name (make it as a zip file) then if it can be opend as zip then it should be a good android .apk file. Android .apk files are just .zip files.

Thanks abik.
Im on a PC now. But I was able to download komodo 2 for android and other files with just 1 click. I used the default browser. The file should have the extension .apk. When I click on the file I get a new web page with garbage text in it (like viewing .exe file)

Using Android 2.3.3
You are welcome Zagalo, i already transformed that file in .zip but it remained a text file or maybe i didnt work correctly but i tried many times. Thank you.

Best Regards
MM
abik
Full name: Aart Bik

Single zip file with all recent direct downloads

Post by abik »

For your downloading convenience, I have also put a single zip file with all recent direct downloads (i.e., engines that I compiled myself for ARM) on UCI and XBoard engines for Android. Just look for the arm_engines.zip download.
MM

Re: Single zip file with all recent direct downloads

Post by MM »

abik wrote:For your downloading convenience, I have also put a single zip file with all recent direct downloads (i.e., engines that I compiled myself for ARM) on UCI and XBoard engines for Android. Just look for the arm_engines.zip download.
Thank you :-)

Regards
MM