Komodo MP

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Lion

Komodo MP

Post by Lion »

Hi all
Do we have some news about this engine which is supposed to be released before Xmas ?

Rgds
rlsuth

Re: Komodo MP

Post by rlsuth »

It's not Christmas yet.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

And they have become sickly obsessed with surpassing Houdini and seem unwilling to release anything that doesn't at least "catch" Houdini.
Milton

Post by Milton »

tomgdrums wrote:And they have become sickly obsessed with surpassing Houdini and seem unwilling to release anything that doesn't at least "catch" Houdini.
Yes, but that's a good thing. :)
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

tomgdrums wrote:And they have become sickly obsessed with surpassing Houdini and seem unwilling to release anything that doesn't at least "catch" Houdini.

Agreed! But, perhaps stating that you have an engine as strong or stronger than Houdini is easy to say, but harder to prove! :)
Either way, I like Komodo alot and I intend to buy it.
Dayffd

Post by Dayffd »

Robert Flesher wrote:...I like Komodo alot and I intend to buy it.
+1
David S.
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

In their website, Komodo 4 is announced, but link is not yet available
Lion

Post by Lion »

noctiferus wrote:In their website, Komodo 4 is announced, but link is not yet available
Where have you seen that ?
I just went on komodochess.com but couldn't see anywhere the number 4 mentionned.

Rgds
LucenaTheLucid

Post by LucenaTheLucid »

Lion wrote:
noctiferus wrote:In their website, Komodo 4 is announced, but link is not yet available
Where have you seen that ?
I just went on komodochess.com but couldn't see anywhere the number 4 mentionned.

Rgds
Its there, its the first thing under the "downloads" section. Just no download link.

I wouldn't be trying to rush Don or Larry, I'd rather buy a quality, well tested engine that is stronger than Houdini in Feb 12 than have something slightly less than Houdini in December 11.
Lion

Post by Lion »

It is very well known in the professional world that you don't wait until something is perfect to release it be cause you never release it then.
Better release ASAP and then improve.

We will find the bugs and they can then fix them.