Plagiarism

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Terry McCracken

Re: Plagiarism

Post by Terry McCracken »

Damir wrote:Are you an expert in wanking ? Will you teach me how to do it ?
You're on your own Dr. Onan.
Terry McCracken
kranium

Post by kranium »

bob wrote:
Damir wrote:Hi Ed

According to EU, copyright no longer exists.

Vas can now take his case to the EU court, and complain about the decisions that ICGA has taken to the exclusion of his program. Bon appetit ICGA folks.

http://news.yahoo.com/eu-blocks-copyrig ... 38705.html
Why don't you learn to read and understand before posting nonsense?
perhaps because English is likely his 2nd or 3rd language?...and he's simply trying to participate in the discussion? (which should be open to all?)

much more relevant question is:
why do you feel the need to constantly belittle everyone?

i really would like to see you retire with you legacy and prestige intact...but you seems stuck in the 1980's, so clearly that's not happening.
IMO, you continue to sabotage your reputation with unsubstantiated innuendo, accusations, proliferation of insults, and bone-deep criticism of others...

do you (and Don) have some sort of 'eminent domain' right in this field Bob?

all the while, you mercilessly attacking any and all, especially easy targets
for ex: ippolit authors, whom both of you know full well will not speak up and defend themselves...

Damir, welcome to CCC!, where anything you post can quickly become object of intense ridicule by the rightest 'good-old-boys'
(please note: common respect for others not required!)
as they strive feverishly to serve their own agenda and egos

i hope you continue to post undeterred by the lack of civility

PS -
please ignore 'attack-dog' McCrackers...apparently his incessant insults seem to 'go with the territory'
kranium

Post by kranium »

and I strenuously object to your disrespectful treatment of Milos, a very smart guy, currently part of IBM research group...

you (and others and we all know to whom i'm referring) have called him 'idiot' (and worse) on many occasions...simply because you disagree

highly inappropriate behavior especially coming from a Professor?...
someone who supposedly is well-educated in 'morality' and 'ethics', and perhaps 'compassion for others' as well?

Sorry Bob you and Don are not God's gift to chess programming
you have no inherent 'right' to to the top position, or as the field's 'moral compass' ,

i'm losing all respect for you...

who are you to judge others?

nevermind - i already know the answer:
as oldest CC programmer, CCC founder and moderator
you are all-powerful, wonderful wizard of ...?

sorry my sense of decency and tiny bit of respect i have left for you, prevents from completing that phrase
tvrzsky

Post by tvrzsky »

kranium wrote:and I strenuously object to your disrespectful treatment of Milos, a very smart guy, currently part of IBM research group...

you (and others and we all know to whom i'm referring) have called him 'idiot' (and worse) on many occasions...simply because you disagree
Milos wrote:
mar wrote:What are you talking about? I certainly don't know Don and I don't care. Wasn't talking about him in the first place. I was simply reacting to what you wrote.
I can't make 3000 elo but I can make 2600. Good enough? I understand assembly well (unlike you obviously). I haven't said that I can't dissassemble a chess engine, you are shifting facts. I could possibly do it.
Will you pay me for that? You know it's a lot of work and don't do RE for living. Just give me a year.
How many chess engines have you written? How many programs in assembler? You know sometimes pure theory is not enough :lol:.
Well if someone pays me for a month I can provide him how much of your 2600 elo engine you actually copied from free sources ;). I'm pretty sure it's more than Vas did in Rybka 1.6 for example.
For the rest, sorry but you are too insignificant to be answered.
I don't know Mr. Stanisavljevic personally but certainly he doesn't display much respect to his partner in discussion either.