WCCC 2011

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

rodolfoleoni

WCCC 2011

Post by rodolfoleoni »

It starts today, with these participants:

http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/t ... php?id=239

I expected to see Crafty, Spark, Komodo and others too....

Anyway, best wishes to any engine there, specially to The Baron. ;)
Rodolfo (The Baron Team)
Sean Evans

Re: WCCC 2011

Post by Sean Evans »

Where is Houdini, the author claims it is original ?!
rodolfoleoni wrote:It starts today, with these participants:

http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/t ... php?id=239

I expected to see Crafty, Spark, Komodo and others too....

Anyway, best wishes to any engine there, specially to The Baron. ;)
kgburcham

The ICGA and their Honor system

Post by kgburcham »

My experience leads me to believe that more than one of these programs have the new 3100+ free code in them and would not live through a "Rybka" inspection.

Where passionate proud men gather to compete, let those around them beware, the rules will be stated with laughter. The winner will be admired by the ignorant while the top competitors know the rules were broken because they also laughed at the rules.

The ICGA is policed by the "honor" system. The "honor" system does not work when you mix passion-testosterone-pride-greed with the will to win.
Can you gather a group of innocent competitors that will sip Tea and eat PopTarts and compete with all original 2500+ to 2700+ chess programs? No.
I will check these 2011 ICGA games with three of todays 3100+ programs. I will expect every legal 2800+ competitor to play several moves that are not best move each game, because you cannot be 3100+ without the free code.
kgburcham
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

The reason Komodo does not play is simply that MP version isn't quite ready yet.
lkaufman

Re: The ICGA and their Honor system

Post by lkaufman »

kgburcham wrote: I will expect every legal 2800+ competitor to play several moves that are not best move each game, because you cannot be 3100+ without the free code.
kgburcham
Komodo is 3100+ without using any "free code", and I imagine this is also true of Rybka 4, though I don't know for sure.
IanO

Post by IanO »

I'm sad not to see more participants in this sporting event. Neither Rondo nor Thinker returned to defend their newly-bestowed titles. And none of the stronger modern engines (Stockfish, Critter, Naum, Spike, Spark, Hannibal) dared to step into the spotlight. (This is the only computer chess tournament that gets press coverage, due to its heritage and name.) In fact, there are no Fruit derivatives in the running this year, how ironic! I would have at least expected locals Diep, The King, Rebel, or Micro-max to round out the entrants this year.

Best of luck to the brave nine who did enter! Are the hardware setups used by the participants going to be published?
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

IanO wrote:I'm sad not to see more participants in this sporting event. Neither Rondo nor Thinker returned to defend their newly-bestowed titles. And none of the stronger modern engines (Stockfish, Critter, Naum, Spike, Spark, Hannibal) dared to step into the spotlight. (This is the only computer chess tournament that gets press coverage, due to its heritage and name.) In fact, there are no Fruit derivatives in the running this year, how ironic! I would have at least expected locals Diep, The King, Rebel, or Micro-max to round out the entrants this year.

Best of luck to the brave nine who did enter! Are the hardware setups used by the participants going to be published?
read the Hiarcs forum if you want the inside track. http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4536
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
IanO wrote:I'm sad not to see more participants in this sporting event. Neither Rondo nor Thinker returned to defend their newly-bestowed titles. And none of the stronger modern engines (Stockfish, Critter, Naum, Spike, Spark, Hannibal) dared to step into the spotlight. (This is the only computer chess tournament that gets press coverage, due to its heritage and name.) In fact, there are no Fruit derivatives in the running this year, how ironic! I would have at least expected locals Diep, The King, Rebel, or Micro-max to round out the entrants this year.

read the Hiarcs forum if you want the inside track. http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4536
Harvey - does Mark have plans to go 64-bit at some stage?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Rubinus
Full name: Pavel Háse

Post by Rubinus »

... World Championship B ...
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Waiting for

Post by Sylwy »

Rubinus wrote:... World Championship B ...
Nope Ruby !

Very interesting DNA- RNA channel chess engines !

Just for you The Baron and his Junior:

Waiting for the first round !

Have a nice night ! :lol:
SilvianR in a playchess.com antract 8-)