Whether Crafty is a Derivative Program?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Whether Crafty is a Derivative Program?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 81

Rebel

Re: Whether Crafty is a Derivative Program?

Post by Rebel »

Sean Evans wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:It does seem the evidence is mounting!
No, it does not. Not one single byte.
Schroder, you seem to be speaking out of both sides of your mouth...same as at rgcc.

Cordially,

Sean
Sean, my old rgcc trolling friend, is it really you ?

Cherry cordial regards.
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

Rebel wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Schroder, you seem to be speaking out of both sides of your mouth...same as at rgcc.

Cordially,

Sean

Cherry cordial regards.
Schroder publicly states this

and then

Schroder publicly states that

Oh look, a computer chess programmer that lies, how rare :roll:

Cordially,

Sean Evans
rgcc paladin :D
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Sean Evans wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Cordially,

Sean

Cherry cordial regards.
Schroder publicly states this

and then

Schroder publicly states that

Oh look, a computer chess programmer that lies, how rare :roll:

Cordially,

Sean Evans
rgcc paladin :D
I see no contradiction.

using ideas from other programs does not mean that the program is derivative and a program can use ideas from Ippolit without being a derivative of it.
bob

Post by bob »

Sean Evans wrote:
bob wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Cordially,

Sean
Better than speaking from your "rectal orifice" which is your primary method of communication. Do a little research first, then you don't get embarrassed like this yet again...
Crafty is a derivative, it not solely owned by you and the copyright is not solely controlled by you. Admit it!
Crafty is copyrighted by me, sorry. I also list Tracy and the rest of the team in main.c... But it is NOT a derivative. To call it that, you have to cite where it came from. It came from my original program, cray blitz. Again, you have no clue. But then that is no change...
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

bob wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
bob wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Cordially,

Sean
Better than speaking from your "rectal orifice" which is your primary method of communication. Do a little research first, then you don't get embarrassed like this yet again...
Crafty is a derivative, it not solely owned by you and the copyright is not solely controlled by you. Admit it!
Crafty is copyrighted by me, sorry. I also list Tracy and the rest of the team in main.c... But it is NOT a derivative. To call it that, you have to cite where it came from. It came from my original program, cray blitz. Again, you have no clue. But then that is no change...
Bob you can write anything you want in the copyright. We both know that Crafty is partially owned by UAB as faculty and students have worked on Crafty and cannot be sold without UAB permission, which they will not give you, i.e., you do not have sole ownership or sole copyright.

Yours truly,

Sean
Keeping them honest :D
bob

Post by bob »

Sean Evans wrote:
bob wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
bob wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Cordially,

Sean
Bob you can write anything you want in the copyright. We both know that Crafty is partially owned by UAB as faculty and students have worked on Crafty and cannot be sold without UAB permission, which they will not give you, i.e., you do not have sole ownership or sole copyright.

Yours truly,

Sean
Crafty is NOT "partially owned by UAB". No other faculty nor students have been involved. Maybe ONE DAY, you will actually check facts before posting rubbish. For the record, I have already sold a version of it once. Sorry, but as always, you are wrong, again. For the Nth time... BTW the program pre-dates UAB by about 20 years...

Ramble on, however...
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

bob wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
bob wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
bob wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Cordially,

Sean

Yours truly,

Sean
Crafty is NOT "partially owned by UAB". No other faculty nor students have been involved. Maybe ONE DAY, you will actually check facts before posting rubbish. For the record, I have already sold a version of it once. Sorry, but as always, you are wrong, again. For the Nth time... BTW the program pre-dates UAB by about 20 years...

Ramble on, however...
No doubt he will. Don't you think his avatar is somewhat out of place?
Terry McCracken
bob

Post by bob »

"retarded" comes to mind...
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

bob wrote:"retarded" comes to mind...
:lol: It does indeed.
Terry McCracken
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

Terry McCracken wrote:
bob wrote:"retarded" comes to mind...
:lol: It does indeed.
McCracken has his nose so far up Hyatt's A$$, I think we should rebaptize him Pinocchio :roll: