Do you agree on the commercialization of Komodo ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Do you agree on the commercialization of Komodo ?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 81

Dayffd

Re: Do you agree on the commercialization of Komodo ?

Post by Dayffd »

Zagalo wrote:
hgm wrote:Agree with who? What nonsense question is this?

Do you agree on the sun?
If you think its nonsense its because you dont have the proper sense to sense it :D
The question makes no sense to me, either. The question is akin to asking do we agree on the commercialization of cars or computers. Besides that, the way the question is asked, "do you agree..." _almost_ implies we would have a say on the matter. We don't. It is their product, they can sell it or not as they please regradless of whether we agree.
The above is not intended as a flame or to be argumentative.
I will buy the MP version when released.
David S.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Ralph Stoesser wrote:I agree on the originality of the sun in late September.
Well, some sun in September would certainly be agreeable. :lol: (No such luck yet, here...)
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

I am only interested in a PocketFritz 3/4 version, will pay big money to get Komodo on my 1ghz cell phone with PF4.I am currently stuck with Hiarcs 13.2 which is over a year old now and is showing its age when paired against the new breed of engines on Android, but Android sucks for chess GUI options.
Mithu

Post by Mithu »

Of course I would like to pay for Komodo if it has its own GUI... I would be happy and contented. If not maybe a tie up with CB Fritz 13 GUI to make me pay happily. The most important reason is its unique playing style. The GUI is just a bonus for me. :D
Zagalo

Post by Zagalo »

Dayffd wrote:
Zagalo wrote:
hgm wrote:Agree with who? What nonsense question is this?

Do you agree on the sun?
If you think its nonsense its because you dont have the proper sense to sense it :D
The question makes no sense to me, either. The question is akin to asking do we agree on the commercialization of cars or computers. Besides that, the way the question is asked, "do you agree..." _almost_ implies we would have a say on the matter. We don't. It is their product, they can sell it or not as they please regradless of whether we agree.
The above is not intended as a flame or to be argumentative.
I will buy the MP version when released.
I got the Poll Idea and the phrase "commercialization of Houdini" from Peter Skinner's post (then made this Komodo poll):

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... a42c4f0f94
Peter Skinner wrote:Hello everyone,

I am really disappointed in the majority of this board in relation to the commercialization of Houdini
He further states that 10% goes to Unicef. How do you know that it will indeed get there? This is a man who just started to commercialize a CLONE. It isn't an original work by any means.
So I just added "Do you agree on" to Peter's phrase "the commercialization of Houdini.", which should be fairly easy to understand.
I assume English is the native language for Peter. But Not me!. In this internet era, you don't need to write perfect grammar and spilling so others can understand you, unless they have low international socialization experience, or just low IQ for some. Its clear that you undrestood the idea of the question anyhow, and most others too :D
Sarciness

Post by Sarciness »

I understood the question without any problems. People here just look for excuses to pick holes in things. In short: pedants!
Zagalo

Post by Zagalo »

Sarciness wrote:I understood the question without any problems. People here just look for excuses to pick holes in things. In short: pedants!
Thanks for your reply. I actually thought some of them were just plain stupid :wink: