Houdini 2.0 for sale?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

M ANSARI

Houdini 2.0 for sale?

Post by M ANSARI »

How come nobody is mentioning that H 2.0 is for sale? Have I missed something? I found this site and was wondering if it is legitimate? I will be the guinea pig and order and let you guys know how the transaction goes.

http://www.cruxis.com/chess/houdini.htm

Edit ... no problems paying through Paypal although still not sure if I get a download through email. 10% of proceedings goes to UNICEF ... that is great as I already donate a lot there ... very good cause! I just hope I get a download link and not have to wait a couple of years for snail mail to get a CD or DVD. Our snail mail system here sucks!
M ANSARI

Re: Houdini 2.0 for sale?

Post by M ANSARI »

Well did get a downlink and looks all good!
DomLeste

Re: Houdini 2.0 for sale?

Post by DomLeste »

Houdini 2.0 Improved strength

Improved evaluation and search make Houdini 2 Standard about 25 Elo stronger than its predecessor Houdini 1.5a. On high-end hardware Houdini 2 Pro with its additional NUMA-related speed improvements is about 40 Elo stronger than Houdini 1.5ab-16.
M ANSARI wrote:How come nobody is mentioning that H 2.0 is for sale? Have I missed something? I found this site and was wondering if it is legitimate? I will be the guinea pig and order and let you guys know how the transaction goes.

http://www.cruxis.com/chess/houdini.htm

Edit ... no problems paying through Paypal although still not sure if I get a download through email. 10% of proceedings goes to UNICEF ... that is great as I already donate a lot there ... very good cause! I just hope I get a download link and not have to wait a couple of years for snail mail to get a CD or DVD. Our snail mail system here sucks!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein