Never change a winning team

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Matthias Gemuh

Never change a winning team

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Congratulations to the old and new mod team !
You have my vote in next mod elections also.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Adam Hair

Re: Never change a winning team

Post by Adam Hair »

Image I, for one, welcome our old/new CCC overlords.
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:Congratulations to the old and new mod team !
You have my vote in next mod elections also.

Matthias.

Hello Matthias,

And here I was thinking that we were friends!

Thanks for your wishes but really, there is no way that I would ever do this largely thankless task again so you can start looking around for some other idiot for that election in a few month's time.

:-)

Later.
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Adam Hair wrote:Image I, for one, welcome our old/new CCC overlords.

Hello Adam,

Not helping, not helping! Someone is going to take you up on the overlords comment y'know...

Thanks, I think?

Later.
bob

Post by bob »

I do not believe this "team" will run again. This is 3 in a row for me. I will almost certainly take a break for the next term. While I like working with Roger and Fern, I don't like it _that_ much. :) There are still complaints to deal with, and such, no matter how well the moderators get along together, and at times it takes considerable time to clean something up.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Roger Brown wrote: Hello Matthias,

And here I was thinking that we were friends!

Thanks for your wishes but really, there is no way that I would ever do this largely thankless task again so you can start looking around for some other idiot for that election in a few month's time.

Later.
Hi Roger,

"Alle guten Dinge sind drei" !

This german idiom says "every good thing is 3-fold".
This means it takes a team of 3 good mods to moderate the CCC, with each mod optimally going 3 straight terms.

Thanks for the geat sacrifice !

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Zach Wegner

Post by Zach Wegner »

Roger Brown wrote:

Hello Adam,

Not helping, not helping! Someone is going to take you up on the overlords comment y'know...

Thanks, I think?

Later.
It's a Simpsons reference!
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Zach Wegner wrote:
Roger Brown wrote:

Hello Adam,

Thanks, I think?

Later.
It's a Simpsons reference!
:wink:
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Roger Brown wrote:

Hello Adam,

Thanks, I think?

Later.
Mr. Brown,

I am quite confused. :?

First of all, this is an oligarchy, is it not? Sean says so. And if you read Wikipedia, most oligarchies are tyrannical and rely on public servitude to exist.

In addition, a poll of the members of the general computer chess community would reveal that most people think that either Dr. Hyatt is the king of computer chess or that he thinks he is the king of computer chess (the percentages change depending on which forum you visit).

Recently, Mr. Villegas declared himself the Power in Being. And according to Mr. Blincoe, Mr. Villegas could buy and sell any of us.

Mr. Blincoe revealed that he has a subterranean vault that could withstand a direct missle attack. Obviously, he is a man of great importance.

And you, Mr. Brown, scare the hell out of me.

I was just trying to be a good little bootlicker and position myself favorably. You know I would never try to cause you trouble. I know my place.

Your humble servant,

Adam

PS :lol: You are most likely right, Roger. Somebody will make use of the term "overlord" and cause you or Bob or Fern some grief. Sorry :cry:

PSS Here is another one of my favorite phrases from "The Simpsons".

"Ironic, isn't it Smithers? This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you." -- Montgomery Burns
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Adam Hair wrote: Mr. Brown,

I am quite confused. :?
Hello Adam,

I am going to help you with that little problem...
Adam Hair wrote: First of all, this is an oligarchy, is it not? Sean says so. And if you read Wikipedia, most oligarchies are tyrannical and rely on public servitude to exist.
Well, there you go! Be confused no more sir! After all, you have cited two of the most authoritative sources in the entire world.
Adam Hair wrote: In addition, a poll of the members of the general computer chess community would reveal that most people think that either Dr. Hyatt is the king of computer chess or that he thinks he is the king of computer chess (the percentages change depending on which forum you visit).
I would not be able to state the exact rank of royalty but I believe that he is certainly computer-chess royalty.
Adam Hair wrote: Recently, Mr. Villegas declared himself the Power in Being. And according to Mr. Blincoe, Mr. Villegas could buy and sell any of us.

Mr. Blincoe revealed that he has a subterranean vault that could withstand a direct missle attack. Obviously, he is a man of great importance.
If Steve said it, it is true. End of story.
Adam Hair wrote: And you, Mr. Brown, scare the hell out of me.
I understand. I have that same effect on me whenever I look at myself in the mirror.
Adam Hair wrote: I was just trying to be a good little bootlicker and position myself favorably. You know I would never try to cause you trouble. I know my place.

Your humble servant,

Adam

PS :lol: You are most likely right, Roger. Somebody will make use of the term "overlord" and cause you or Bob or Fern some grief. Sorry :cry:
I really do not mind. Life is way too short to spare much thought for those persons.
Adam Hair wrote: PSS Here is another one of my favorite phrases from "The Simpsons".

"Ironic, isn't it Smithers? This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you." -- Montgomery Burns
Shocking moment coming up - I do not watch the Simpsons so these references passed me by. I am crazy about Futurama though if that helps.

Later.