Ratinglists

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Ratinglists

Post by Graham Banks »

Hood wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

What engines we decide to test is our own business. We do what we do for fun and make the culmination of our results available in rating lists for those who wish to view them.

Cheers,
Graham.
Do not you take a part in the misinforming process publishing rating list of selected engines not giving full information about missed engines ?

Rgds Hood
Can you please repeat that in better English?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Graham Banks wrote:
Roger Brown wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
De Vos W wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:In germany we have a saying: Strucked dogs are barking.
Woof woof! :lol:
Woof woof said the guy that jumps out of closets! Stationed in...
Oh goodie. CCC's favourite idiot who seems to have mod protection. :wink:

Hello Graham,

Y'know, it is possible to have an approach where you at least try to be fair.

Then you can take your approach.

For the record, there is a personal attack in your post followed by an outrageous lie.

De Vos has been sanctioned before. Perhaps he will be again.

Protected? Hardly.

Treated as how you would treat him were you a mod?

Probably not, but then, am I obliged to become a clone of you?

Goodness no!

Later.
I doubt that you'd ever have allowed such crap in the Winboard forum, but you seem to be a changed creature these days.

Hello Graham,

Creature?

My, my, it does not take much does it? To become indistinguishable from those we publicly despise?

My activities as moderator of that forum have nothing to do with here. The Winboard Forum is a different place. Again to use an analogy you may be familiar with, what another testing group does is hardly the basis of what you do as a tester, is it?.

Over here the balance between stepping in and intervening as against allowing debate is harder to make precisely because there are so many competing views and arguments and the sheer number of personalities involved here.

I am still the same...creature though.

Creature indeed! I shall not respond in kind.

Later.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Roger Brown wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Roger Brown wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
De Vos W wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:In germany we have a saying: Strucked dogs are barking.
Woof woof! :lol:
Woof woof said the guy that jumps out of closets! Stationed in...
Oh goodie. CCC's favourite idiot who seems to have mod protection. :wink:

Hello Graham,

Y'know, it is possible to have an approach where you at least try to be fair.

Then you can take your approach.

For the record, there is a personal attack in your post followed by an outrageous lie.

De Vos has been sanctioned before. Perhaps he will be again.

Protected? Hardly.

Treated as how you would treat him were you a mod?

Probably not, but then, am I obliged to become a clone of you?

Goodness no!

Later.
I doubt that you'd ever have allowed such crap in the Winboard forum, but you seem to be a changed creature these days.

Hello Graham,

Creature?

My, my, it does not take much does it? To become indistinguishable from those we publicly despise?

My activities as moderator of that forum have nothing to do with here. The Winboard Forum is a different place. Again to use an analogy you may be familiar with, what another testing group does is hardly the basis of what you do as a tester, is it?.

Over here the balance between stepping in and intervening as against allowing debate is harder to make precisely because there are so many competing views and arguments and the sheer number of personalities involved here.

Later.
Just don't forget that there's a charter that seems to have fallen by the wayside in recent times.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Volker Pittlik
Full name: Volker Pittlik

Post by Volker Pittlik »

Roger Brown wrote:...

I understand the use of irony b...
always?
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Volker Pittlik wrote:
Roger Brown wrote:...

I understand the use of irony b...
always?

No.
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

Graham Banks wrote:
Roger Brown wrote: Hello Graham,

Creature?

Later.
Graham Banks wrote: Just don't forget that there's a charter that seems to have fallen by the wayside in recent times.
Have you forgotten that you are the "creature" who has referred to me as a "tosser" twice in the last 2 months or are you adding hypocrisy to your CV?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

K I Hyams wrote:Have you forgotten that you are the "creature" who has referred to me as a "tosser" twice in the last 2 months or are you adding hypocrisy to your CV?
What's wrong? Does the truth hurt? You abused me, so don't complain.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Volker Pittlik
Full name: Volker Pittlik

Post by Volker Pittlik »

Graham Banks wrote:...

Can you please repeat that in better English?
Obviously he thinks we are involved in some sort of conspiracy, Maybe we should discuss im CCRL if we close the list and give the results only to people we like.

Pissed

vp
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

Graham Banks wrote:
K I Hyams wrote:Have you forgotten that you are the "creature" who has referred to me as a "tosser" twice in the last 2 months or are you adding hypocrisy to your CV?
Now you have added a lie. No, I didn't abuse you and I didn't complain at the time and I am not complaining now. I merely pointed out that some of your arguments were so weak that they invited damaging replies that harmed your cause. I used the analogy of "a loose cannon", a phrase that is perfectly acceptable in civilised society.

In addition and in order to make sure that you understood the phrase, I explained that it referred to the fact that unsecured cannon on sailing ships were prone to rolling around and causing damage. I also pointed out that it was relevant to the discussion. Your response was to simply reinforce your stance that I was a "tosser". Does that help?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

K I Hyams wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Now you have added a lie. No, I didn't abuse you and I didn't complain at the time and I am not complaining now. I merely pointed out that some of your arguments were so weak that they invited damaging replies that harmed your cause. I used the analogy of "a loose cannon", a phrase that is perfectly acceptable in civilised society.

In addition and in order to make sure that you understood the phrase, I explained that it referred to the fact that unsecured cannon on sailing ships were prone to rolling around and causing damage. I also pointed out that it was relevant to the discussion. Your response was to simply reinforce your stance that I was a "tosser". Does that help?
If you've finished feel free to talk some computer chess. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com