Khalifman and the devil

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Albert Silver

Khalifman and the devil

Post by Albert Silver »

"As far as sites are concerned (this is my main and constant source of information): maybe I am not curious enough, but for me the sites ChessPro, ChessBase and e3e5 are completely sufficient."

Oh no..... :lol:
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Kurt Utzinger

Re: Khalifman and the devil

Post by Kurt Utzinger »

Albert Silver wrote:"As far as sites are concerned (this is my main and constant source of information): maybe I am not curious enough, but for me the sites ChessPro, ChessBase and e3e5 are completely sufficient."

I do not understand the headline.
Kurt
yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 »

it comes from the 'devil's' advocate.

albert's gotten really boring since he started getting paid by chessbase. that's pretty much all you need to know.
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

yanquis1972 wrote:it comes from the 'devil's' advocate.

albert's gotten really boring since he started getting paid by chessbase. that's pretty much all you need to know.
Wow, that's for sure?
I wondered about Albert's firm stance. If he is paid for this stance, it's one of the most disgusting public appearances, and is clearly punishable. Even in politics one has to acknowledge his interests, why not ban these members?

Kai
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Kurt Utzinger wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:"As far as sites are concerned (this is my main and constant source of information): maybe I am not curious enough, but for me the sites ChessPro, ChessBase and e3e5 are completely sufficient."

I do not understand the headline.
Kurt
It is funny, since I thought it was incredibly obvious:

It is a reply to the series of threads that have only one purpose, to knock Rybka or Chessbase, for no apparent reason. They are theVas and Rybka aare the 'devil'. Since there is a thread regarding this interview, carefully quoting a part where he uses and recommends on of the clones, this is to point out that he actually reads and like Chessbase (the 'devil').

Actually I was pretty shocked at how much he and many others dislike Mig.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Laskos wrote:
yanquis1972 wrote:it comes from the 'devil's' advocate.

Wow, that's for sure?
I wondered about Albert's firm stance. If he is paid for this stance
Getting paid to write that here??? Are you guys kidding me? Why would CB or any major company give a crap about this forum?

I am one of the oldest members here, and even I am not delusional enough to think we are anything more than a minuscule drop of water in the bucket.