Which version of CM had both Windows and Mac version?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kaissa

Which version of CM had both Windows and Mac version?

Post by kaissa »

I remember that a version of Chessmaster had both Win 95/98 and Macintosh versions of the program on the same CD a la Hiarcs 6 and 7. Do you remember which version it was? I think 5000 or 5500.

Regards,
Kurt Utzinger

Re: Which version of CM had both Windows and Mac version?

Post by Kurt Utzinger »

kaissa wrote:I remember that a version of Chessmaster had both Win 95/98 and Macintosh versions of the program on the same CD a la Hiarcs 6 and 7. Do you remember which version it was? I think 5000 or 5500.

Regards,
Are you sure about this?
Kurt
kaissa

Post by kaissa »

[quote="Kurt Utzinger"][quote="kaissa"]I remember that a version of Chessmaster had both Win 95/98 and Macintosh versions of the program on the same CD a la Hiarcs 6 and 7. Do you remember which version it was? I think 5000 or 5500.[/quote]

Are you sure about this?
[/quote]

I am pretty sure. I think it had then current version (5 or 5,5) for Windows and an older version (Chessmaster 4000? ) for Macintosh. I couldn't find one on e-bay though.

Regards,
JVMerlino

Post by JVMerlino »

kaissa wrote:
Kurt Utzinger wrote:
kaissa wrote:I remember that a version of Chessmaster had both Win 95/98 and Macintosh versions of the program on the same CD a la Hiarcs 6 and 7. Do you remember which version it was? I think 5000 or 5500.
Are you sure about this?
I am pretty sure. I think it had then current version (5 or 5,5) for Windows and an older version (Chessmaster 4000? ) for Macintosh. I couldn't find one on e-bay though.

Regards,
It's possible, but I do not recall ever shipping both the Windows and Mac version on the same disc. Perhaps well after the Windows version was released there was a later release that combined the Mac version, but I know that they were never initially released simultaneously.

jm
bdeane

Post by bdeane »

I've just checked my Windows CD versions of Chessmaster 5000. 5500 Deluxe and 6000. None of them contain Mac versions.

Of course thats not to say that other disks weren't released containing both versions, but certainly the CDs that I have are Windows only.

Brian
kaissa

Post by kaissa »

JVMerlino wrote: It's possible, but I do not recall ever shipping both the Windows and Mac version on the same disc. Perhaps well after the Windows version was released there was a later release that combined the Mac version, but I know that they were never initially released simultaneously.
Probably this is the case. I should have bought it back then :( Thank you guys.