TEST position TCEC5- Houdini 1.03a-DRybka4 1-0

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ralph Stoesser

Re: TEST position TCEC5- Houdini 1.03a-DRybka4 1-0

Post by Ralph Stoesser »

Milos wrote:
Ralph Stoesser wrote:
Milos wrote: Rybka aF (after Fruit) suddenly gained over 600 elos. Anyone with at least half a brain understands this.
How exactly did that incapable guy gained that much ELO?

Facts please ...
Divine intervention, beatific inspiration, alien technology. Sure, why not, anything but Fruit becoming open source, right? ;)
I'd suspect a cooperation between CIA, Mossad and Gladio. We all know that devil capitalists murder for ELO points. But where are the 600 corpses then? Are you one of victims, a zombie risen from the dead to bash Vas?
Milos

Post by Milos »

michiguel wrote:Freaking unbelievable. I really did not expect anyone to start questioning VR chess skills, but this forum is full of surprises.
Freaking unbelievable is the level of idealization some members of chess community have toward Vas.
In the time of Rybka bF (before Fruit) Vas was almost a fresh undergrad from MIT with very little real programming experience that, by his own admission, gathered a bunch of chess articles and started reading them.
Are you so possessed with chess-god Vas that you believe he was born with the knowledge of chess programming???
Milos

Post by Milos »

Ralph Stoesser wrote:Are you one of victims, a zombie risen from the dead to bash Vas?
How can a mortal hurt chess-god Vas???
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Milos wrote:
michiguel wrote:Freaking unbelievable. I really did not expect anyone to start questioning VR chess skills, but this forum is full of surprises.
Freaking unbelievable is the level of idealization some members of chess community have toward Vas.
In the time of Rybka bF (before Fruit) Vas was almost a fresh undergrad from MIT with very little real programming experience that, by his own admission, gathered a bunch of chess articles and started reading them.
Are you so possessed with chess-god Vas that you believe he was born with the knowledge of chess programming???

i could be mistaken but i think there is Communication problem here
Miguel took your statement to mean Rajlich's
CHESS PLAYING skills(i believe he is a Fide IM or candidate IM?) and i think you are talking about his Chess Programing skills

Regards
Steve
Milos

Post by Milos »

Steve B wrote:i could be mistaken but i think there is Communication problem here
Miguel took your statement to mean Vas's CHESS PLAYING skills(i believe he is a Fide IM or candidate IM?) and i think you are talking about his Chess Programing skills
Yes my mistake when I said chess knowledge I meant chess programing knowledge (not chess player knowledge), since we are talking in the whole thread about programing of the chess engine. And I'm talking about the time of Vas's first Rybka somewhere at the end of 2003, before Rybka 1 beta and before Fruit became open source.
Milos

Post by Milos »

For those ppl who don't know a little bit of chronology of Rybka (and Fruit) development:

Fruit 1.0 / 16 ‎March ‎2004 - 2500 elo

Rybka 1.4x / ‎31 ‎March ‎2004 - 1900 elo

Fruit 2.1 / 17 ‎June ‎2005 - 2715 elo

Rybka 1.0 Beta / ‎03 ‎December ‎2005 - 2700 elo

So on mid March of 2004, Vas still had no clue about Fruit and his glorious Rybka most accurately reflects his great chess programming skills.
And then in year and a half, 800 elo. Wow. What a genius.
Then it took him another 5 for 300 more, and in last two 40elo. Maybe he's missing inspiration recently. Could somebody please put Houdini source online, please. :lol:.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Milos wrote:For those ppl who don't know a little bit of chronology of Rybka (and Fruit) development:

So on mid March of 2004, Vas still had no clue about Fruit and his glorious Rybka most accurately reflects his great chess programming skills.
Then it took him another 5 for 300 more, and in last two 40elo. Maybe he's missing inspiration recently. Could somebody please put Houdini source online, please. :lol:.
Actually Fruit 2.1 was 2796 and Rybka 1.0 was 2888. Just a slight difference from your false propaganda. :lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Milos

Post by Milos »

Graham Banks wrote:Actually Fruit 2.1 was 2796 and Rybka 1.0 was 2888. Just a slight difference from your false propaganda. :lol:
According to your "very reliable" list which is like +/- 50 elo accurate and from 2010, plus it has Fritz rating adjustment, sure :lol:.
Talking about false propaganda check in dictionary under CCRL, they are synonyms you know ;).
Don

Post by Don »

Milos wrote:For those ppl who don't know a little bit of chronology of Rybka (and Fruit) development:

I don't think anyone believes that Vas started out on his very first try as the top chess programmer. All you are doing is pointing this out, which actually weakens your argument that he came out of nowhere by cheating.

I am sure that Vas learned a lot from looking at the Fruit code as he would be stupid not to take advantage of what is freely available. And I'm sure he developed as a chess programmer, learning things as he went along.

You are the worst one on this forum for making ludicrous and illogical leaps of logic. You took this very ordinary process that all programmers go through and somehow try to lead us to the conclusion that Vas gained hundreds of ELO on everyone else by cutting and pasting a bit of code.

To try to make your point you stopped suddenly at Rybka 1.0 so that what actually happened is not visible.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Milos wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Actually Fruit 2.1 was 2796 and Rybka 1.0 was 2888. Just a slight difference from your false propaganda. :lol:
According to your "very reliable" list which is like +/- 50 elo accurate and from 2010, plus it has Fritz rating adjustment, sure :lol:.
Talking about false propaganda check in dictionary under CCRL, they are synonyms you know ;).
Alternatively you could look at CEGT where Fruit 2.1 is 2713 and Rybka 1.0 is 2815. :wink:
gbanksnz at gmail.com