What is Deep Sjeng c't 2010

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mhalstern

What is Deep Sjeng c't 2010

Post by mhalstern »

I was looking at the Ipon rating list (http://www.inwoba.de/) and see a comment that Deep Sjeng c't 2010 has been added.

What is Deep Sjeng c't 2010? Is it an update to WC 2008?

GCP please comment.

Also, what are the future plans for Sjeng.

Thanks
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: What is Deep Sjeng c't 2010

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

mhalstern wrote:I was looking at the Ipon rating list (http://www.inwoba.de/) and see a comment that Deep Sjeng c't 2010 has been added.

What is Deep Sjeng c't 2010? Is it an update to WC 2008?

GCP please comment.

Also, what are the future plans for Sjeng.

Thanks

It's an engine that the rest of us cannot have :)
But, I would buy it, GCP want some cash ?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Gian-Carlo told me that Deep Sjeng 2010 c't is available with the DVD of the German c't magazine and that this will stay the only way to get the engine.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Graham Banks wrote:Gian-Carlo told me that Deep Sjeng 2010 c't is available with the DVD of the German c't magazine and that this will stay the only way to get the engine.

Cheers,
Graham.
A pretty good marketing strategy I'd say....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Gian-Carlo told me that Deep Sjeng 2010 c't is available with the DVD of the German c't magazine and that this will stay the only way to get the engine.

Cheers,
Graham.
Dr.D
Best bet is to get a German friend to send you a copy of the magazine or to order a copy online I guess.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Wael,

my first thought :-)
And it's fully OK because why not.

A great work Gian-Carlo do with Sjeng so many years. Also an engine with an own face.

I wish him many customers (if Gian-Carlo release a new version) and I am sure the customers will have fun with his work.

So Gian-Carlo have all trumps for a good marketing.
It's now very interesting what he do ... new commercial version or not is the question.

Best
Frank
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Cheers,
Graham.
Dr.D
I don't know how good a marketing strategy it is. I would buy the engine if it were available for a download (like every other engine). As I do like Deep Sjeng WC 2008. I also think that GCP implements limit strength very well in Deep Sjeng.

But there are enough engines to go around that the hassle of trying to order a magazine for the engine are not that enticing.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

Cheers,
Graham.

This seems rather strange as it prevents many people from accessing this new and obviously improved version. And "many" is referring to the people who purchased his previous versions in the past. But, alas , it's his engine and he can market it however he sees fit.
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Werner