This place ibecomming so boring.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Bill Rogers

This place ibecomming so boring.

Post by Bill Rogers »

For the last 24 hours not one new post has been entered here. Not one intelligent word or sentence. What is going on, are you guys all going to sleep? Even the last few post were or did not convey anything worth reading about. Have all your intellectional functions stopped working?
How about some one posting a chess logic or posing a few new ideas on lhow to write a better chess program.
I have been an active member here alsmost since the begining and in the begining it was a lot more fun.
Bill
Steve B

Re: This place ibecomming so boring.

Post by Steve B »

In the last 24 hrs there have been literally dozens of posts about every possible facet of computer chess
positions,Programming,gui's..tournaments ,live games ..a forum game ..etcetc
the only thing i dont see much of are flame wars and arguments for the sake of arguing
perhaps that is what you are missing?
some good old reality TV?
i know some come here for that reason alone
if so ..i for one am glad you are bored

Steve
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Steve B wrote:In the last 24 hrs there have been literally dozens of posts about every possible facet of computer chess
the only thing i dont see much of are flame wars and arguments for the sake of arguing

Steve
I can start several fronts of flame wars if this will entertain the members of our beloved forum :lol:
Just pass me the blanch card regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Mark Mason

Post by Mark Mason »

Bill,

Maybe your internet connection dropped 24 hours ago - maybe its not that everything has stopped but that you've become unplugged :-)
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Steve B wrote:In the last 24 hrs there have been literally dozens of posts about every possible facet of computer chess

Steve
I can start several fronts of flame wars if this will entertain the members of our beloved forum :lol:
Dr.D
if you want a senseless argument just for the sake of arguing.. i think ill have my wife's mother join up here Dr D.
She would be able to spot you a Queen
:P

Ear Plugs Regards
Steve
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Steve B wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Steve
Dr.D
if you want a senseless argument just for the sake of arguing.. i think ill have my wife's mother join up here Dr D.
She would be able to spot you a Queen
:P

Ear Plugs Regards
Steve
For God sake Steve....better off delete my account before this happens....
I have an evil creature of my own regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

I hear the Obama administration is thinking of taxing 1. e4 :shock:
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

zullil wrote:I hear the Obama administration is thinking of taxing 1. e4 :shock:
No problem, if 1.d4 remains a valid move.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
zullil wrote:I hear the Obama administration is thinking of taxing 1. e4 :shock:
No problem, if 1.d4 remains a valid move.
There may be some restrictions ... :D
benstoker

Post by benstoker »

Bill Rogers wrote:For the last 24 hours not one new post has been entered here. Not one intelligent word or sentence. What is going on, are you guys all going to sleep? Even the last few post were or did not convey anything worth reading about. Have all your intellectional functions stopped working?
How about some one posting a chess logic or posing a few new ideas on lhow to write a better chess program.
I have been an active member here alsmost since the begining and in the begining it was a lot more fun.
Bill
Agreed. I would like to see more use of typeface decoration and emoticons. :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :idea: :!:

:mrgreen: