ChessGUI 0.189 is out.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

ChessGUI 0.195 is out

Post by tmokonen »

Sorry to steal your thunder, Matthias, I just noticed that there were new links on your home page.
Matthias Gemuh

Re: ChessGUI 0.195 is out

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

tmokonen wrote:Sorry to steal your thunder, Matthias, I just noticed that there were new links on your home page.
Someone notified me that ChessGUI 0.194 does not import engines correctly from Arena 2.01.
I uploaded a ChessGUI 0.195 for him to test because I have not had Arena on my box for years.
ChessGUI 0.195 also fails to fix the problem, so I have now installed Arena to use for fixing the issue. After that, a single click will pull all your Arena 2.01 engines into ChessGUI and configure them for immediate use.

That is why I kept silent about ChessGUI 0.195 :wink: .

BTW, can ChessGUI 0.194/0.195 import engines from Winboard ?
If you want to test that for me, first move your ChsGUI_Eng.TXT to a safe :wink: .

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
That is why I kept silent about ChessGUI 0.195 :wink: .

Matthias.

Hello Matthias,

You know, ever since ChessGUI went to bug-free status I am seeing a torrent of improvements and upgrades.

It is a good thing that none of these correct bugs, isn't it?

:-)

Now I appreciate your gui but do not forget the BigLion fans out there....

Let us pray that no bugs appear at all.

Later.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Roger Brown wrote: You know, ever since ChessGUI went to bug-free status I am seeing a torrent of improvements and upgrades.

It is a good thing that none of these correct bugs, isn't it?
Hi Roger,

to correct bugs in ChessGUI, I would first have to create them :D .
However, if some feature is not working in a satisfactory manner, I improve it when somebody makes the request :wink: .

Matthias.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:... I have now installed Arena to use for fixing the issue. After that, a single click will pull all your Arena 2.01 engines into ChessGUI and configure them for immediate use.
A single click now pulls all Arena 1.99 and Arena 2.01 engines into ChessGUI 0.195 and configures them for immediate use.
Every imported engine works without manual tweaking, but fine-tuning (e.g. setting number of threads) is a privilege reserved for the freak wink: .

Matthias.
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:... I have now installed Arena to use for fixing the issue. After that, a single click will pull all your Arena 2.01 engines into ChessGUI and configure them for immediate use.
A single click now pulls all Arena 1.99 and Arena 2.01 engines into ChessGUI 0.195 and configures them for immediate use.
Every imported engine works without manual tweaking, but fine-tuning (e.g. setting number of threads) is a privilege reserved for the freak wink: .

Matthias.
Oh sweet. One of the reasons I don't use ChessGUI more is because I've been to lazy to set up all my engines..... Now I have no excuse.

Better look out though Matthias; I'm writing a Java Chess GUI, hopefully you'll have some competition.

Peter
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

alpha123 wrote: Better look out though Matthias; I'm writing a Java Chess GUI, hopefully you'll have some competition.

Peter
Hi Peter,

I don't have a clue about GUI programming.
That is why ChessGUI cannot compete with Arena,Winboard,CuteChess-Cli, etc. :wink:

Matthias.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:I don't have a clue about GUI programming.
That is why ChessGUI cannot compete with Arena,Winboard,CuteChess-Cli, etc. :wink:

Matthias.
That's the understatement of the year! :lol:
ChessGUI is great for engine v engine testing. Don't sell yourself short.
gbanksnz at gmail.com