Houdini 1.03 is available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

LJC

Re: Houdini 1.03 is available

Post by LJC »

I still have the orignal Chess Tal with it's 580MB opening book and unique stytle, beautiful program for humans.

Chris Whittington's (sp) programming skills
LJC

Post by LJC »

I would play it many times verse ferret, bruce's baby and powerful program and lose but he always said he liked the style of CSTal.

I miss Ferret too, those were the days, nice program!
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

mwyoung wrote:Thanks for the new update. A great program that now even better.

The program I paid 100 bucks for......still waiting for documentation, and a bugfix of anykind.
The 100 bucks program.... Is that by any chance "Deep Rybka 4" ?
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

LJC wrote:I still have the orignal Chess Tal with it's 580MB opening book and unique stytle, beautiful program for humans.

Chris Whittington's (sp) programming skills
Yes, many of us bought CSTal back then. Both versions in fact.

I also used to use xboard (zippy as well) back then along with open source engines like Crafty 15.3 and GNUChess 3.

It was great because they were all GPL and therefore free. Software cost quite alot back then. I am guessing that those involved made quite alot of money.

Good to see you are still around. It could be helpful.

:)

Chris
Last edited by Christopher Conkie on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
LJC

Post by LJC »

Al I want is too get to dl or b emailed the 32 bit 2CPU version of Houdini 1.2 cause 1.3 does not work on my machine and others r having the same problem. I LOVE the program!
jpqy

Post by jpqy »

Houdini

Post by Houdini »

Lonnie, here's a link to the old Houdini 1.02 w32 2CPU.

Robert
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

By the way, people with 4 or 8 cores should experiment with the Split_Depth UCI parameter to achieve the best performance on their hardware.
The default value is 10 (tuned on my Core i5-750 @2.66 GHz), but on some systems it may be advantageous to increase this to 12 or 13.

Robert
swami

Post by swami »

Houdini wrote:The new Houdini 1.03 is available.
Download from http://www.cruxis.com/chess/houdini.htm .

Houdini 1.03 extends the UCI features of the engine with multi-PV analysis, search moves and large memory page support.
The web page contains some explanation of how to use large page support on Windows Vista/7 64-bit.

The evaluation function of Houdini 1.03 is somewhat stronger than previously, I hope you'll enjoy this new release.

Cheers,
Robert
Thanks, Robert.

It's a fantastically super-strong engine. :D

I hope you will get around to optimising the performance levels and evaluations so that the engine will solve difficult positions in an instant (which I hope will contribute to increased ELO)
Alex Lobanov

Post by Alex Lobanov »

Robert Houdart
Why in the engine made a distortion evaluation?

:?: