Glass 1.6 - New with Personalities!!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Edmund

Re: Glass 1.6 - New with Personalities!!

Post by Edmund »

Jimbo I wrote:
Jimbo I wrote:
Edmund wrote:
Jimbo I wrote:Hi,
I'm having some trouble with the installation. I'm getting a "create process error" message when trying to install either executable in Arena in a 32-bit system. Are these engines 64-bit by chance?
Hello James,
Glass has simple 32-bit compiles without very platform dependent requirements. Can you actually run the executable stand-alone in console-mode, that means right from the windows explorer? Does it report any other error-messages/error-codes?

regards,
Edmund
Hi Edmund

I thought I'd found my problem when a second download was larger than the first, but that wasn't the problem. You must have added a pdf user manual a bit later. (Nice touch) :)

I'm still scratching my head over this. When I try to run either version in console mode (tournament or weak executable), it doesn't run. I just get a message saying that it isn't a valid Win32 application. The previous Glass versions 1.3 and 1.5 ran fine on this PC.
It's working just fine on my 64-bit PC, so I know the files aren't corrupt. One out of two ain't bad, I guess. :)
Hi James,

I just created a special compile for you. I disabled all the parts of the program that stress the processor a little.
- Nalimov disabled
- Prefetching disabled
- Byteswap disabled

it will definitely be slower than the original compile, but it is also more compatible.

if you pm me your email, I will send you a copy.

regards,
Edmund
PK

Post by PK »

A sharp-eyed user of Glass 1.6 noticed that a couple of personality files in the range of 1600-1800 were missing :oops: , so I had to replace the distribution package. Engine is the same, glass.pdf and opening book marginally updated.

regards,

Pawel Koziol
Jimbo I

Post by Jimbo I »

Edmund wrote:
Jimbo I wrote:
Jimbo I wrote:
Edmund wrote:
Jimbo I wrote:Hi,
I'm having some trouble with the installation. I'm getting a "create process error" message when trying to install either executable in Arena in a 32-bit system. Are these engines 64-bit by chance?
Hello James,
Glass has simple 32-bit compiles without very platform dependent requirements. Can you actually run the executable stand-alone in console-mode, that means right from the windows explorer? Does it report any other error-messages/error-codes?

regards,
Edmund
Hi Edmund

I thought I'd found my problem when a second download was larger than the first, but that wasn't the problem. You must have added a pdf user manual a bit later. (Nice touch) :)

I'm still scratching my head over this. When I try to run either version in console mode (tournament or weak executable), it doesn't run. I just get a message saying that it isn't a valid Win32 application. The previous Glass versions 1.3 and 1.5 ran fine on this PC.
It's working just fine on my 64-bit PC, so I know the files aren't corrupt. One out of two ain't bad, I guess. :)
Hi James,

I just created a special compile for you. I disabled all the parts of the program that stress the processor a little.
- Nalimov disabled
- Prefetching disabled
- Byteswap disabled

it will definitely be slower than the original compile, but it is also more compatible.

if you pm me your email, I will send you a copy.

regards,
Edmund
Hi Edmund,

I got the special compile, and it's working great on the old PC. Sorry it took me so long to think of checking my incoming PMs. (doh! )

Thanks very much for the help!