To Those that log on using "view posts since last visit

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
Steve B
Posts: 3697
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:26 pm
Contact:

To Those that log on using "view posts since last visit

Post by Steve B » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:45 pm

It might interest you to learn that the ** Moderator Team Candidate Signup ** thread been updated and will be updated through 7/10/2010
as the TCADMIN is the only one posting to the thread it does not register his updates as a reply...therefore it does not appear as a thread with a new post and will not appear that way if you log on here using the "view posts since last visit option"
for anyone interested in the election it would be a good idea to check this thread daily

Best Regards
Steve

bob
Posts: 20923
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Re: To Those that log on using "view posts since last v

Post by bob » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Steve B wrote:It might interest you to learn that the ** Moderator Team Candidate Signup ** thread been updated and will be updated through 7/10/2010
as the TCADMIN is the only one posting to the thread it does not register his updates as a reply...therefore it does not appear as a thread with a new post and will not appear that way if you log on here using the "view posts since last visit option"
for anyone interested in the election it would be a good idea to check this thread daily

Best Regards
Steve
Where the devil is the thing???

User avatar
mariaclara
Posts: 4186
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Sulu Sea

Re: To Those that log on using "view posts since last v

Post by mariaclara » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:06 pm

:roll: Oh well,

but it doesn't really matter,

.... :roll:
bob wrote:
Steve B wrote:It might interest you to learn that the ** Moderator Team Candidate Signup ** thread been updated and will be updated through 7/10/2010
as the TCADMIN is the only one posting to the thread it does not register his updates as a reply...therefore it does not appear as a thread with a new post and will not appear that way if you log on here using the "view posts since last visit option"
for anyone interested in the election it would be a good idea to check this thread daily

Best Regards
Steve
Where the devil is the thing???
.
.

................. Mu Shin ..........................

Steve B
Posts: 3697
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:26 pm
Contact:

Re: To Those that log on using "view posts since last v

Post by Steve B » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:09 pm

bob wrote:
Steve B wrote:It might interest you to learn that the ** Moderator Team Candidate Signup ** thread been updated and will be updated through 7/10/2010
as the TCADMIN is the only one posting to the thread it does not register his updates as a reply...therefore it does not appear as a thread with a new post and will not appear that way if you log on here using the "view posts since last visit option"
for anyone interested in the election it would be a good idea to check this thread daily

Best Regards
Steve
Where the devil is the thing???
Here ya go

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35327

Steve

Steve B
Posts: 3697
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:26 pm
Contact:

Re: To Those that log on using "view posts since last v

Post by Steve B » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:10 pm

mariaclara wrote::roll: Oh well,

but it doesn't really matter,

.... :roll:
Not sure what you mean?
Steve

User avatar
mariaclara
Posts: 4186
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Sulu Sea

Re: To Those that log on using "view posts since last v

Post by mariaclara » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:59 pm

why go there when at all, when only a few people seem to be calling all the shots.

let's just sit back, wait and see what they want to happen.
Steve B wrote:
mariaclara wrote::roll: Oh well,

but it doesn't really matter,

.... :roll:
Not sure what you mean?
Steve
.
.

................. Mu Shin ..........................

Steve B
Posts: 3697
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:26 pm
Contact:

Re: To Those that log on using "view posts since last v

Post by Steve B » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:13 pm

mariaclara wrote:why go there when at all, when only a few people seem to be calling all the shots.

let's just sit back, wait and see what they want to happen.
Steve B wrote:
mariaclara wrote::roll: Oh well,

but it doesn't really matter,

.... :roll:
Not sure what you mean?
Steve
Well AFAIK anyone who is qualified to vote can form a team
theoretically there could be dozens of teams up for election
representing many members
hopefully there will be a good number of teams representing a wide array of opinions
then those meeting the voter qualifications will vote
again hundreds of members
dosent seem like any of this is up to only a select few
if you really want to mention a place where a select few are all calling the shots then the OPEN forum is the place to go
you have one Ubber moderator that no one elected and i guess some other appointed mods whose identity must be a secret because i see no listing of who the moderators are there

Steve

Steve B
Posts: 3697
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:26 pm
Contact:

Re: To Those that log on using "view posts since last v

Post by Steve B » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:57 pm

i wonder where the other teams are?
surely we will not be allowed to run unopposed?
when we moderated last term and allowed links during the last month of our term there were those that bitterly complained daily if not hourly

i always thought that those complaining were very vocal but also very few
this proves it i think ..because as it stands now it seems they cannot even form a team

the fact that we have teams rather then individuals running will only ensure harmony amongst the mod team and avoid the chaos we have seen this term ..
i know that for some this alone is a disappointment because they enjoy public infighting amongst moderators


those who feel so strongly about the Great Derivatives Debate should stand for their beliefs
complaining is easy..running for what you believe in is not

Challenge Up Regards
Steve

User avatar
mariaclara
Posts: 4186
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Sulu Sea

Re: To Those that log on using "view posts since last v

Post by mariaclara » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:30 pm

:?: Were the members ever polled if they want teams :?:
.
.

................. Mu Shin ..........................

User avatar
David Dahlem
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:06 pm

Re: To Those that log on using "view posts since last v

Post by David Dahlem » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:09 pm

mariaclara wrote::?: Were the members ever polled if they want teams :?:
Hey, you stole my question! :lol:

Post Reply