Poll: Problems with iPhone Glaurung 2.0?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

How well does iPhone Glaurung 2.0 work for you?

Too buggy, unusable
No votes
Usable, but frequent crashes and/or illegal moves
6%
Occasional crashes and/or illegal moves
25%
No problems
69%

Total votes: 16

Max

Re: Poll: Problems with iPhone Glaurung 2.0?

Post by Max »

Hi Tord,

noticed that, when using the remote Glaurung server on my mac in analyse mode, sometimes (after several moves stepping forward/backward in a pgn-file) the wrong side (or position) gets analysed.

At the screenshot black moved 27. ..Na4 and a white move should have been now calculated. But Glaurung (server engine) still continues for black.

Beside this no problems (voted) on iPod touch.

Max
Tord Romstad

Post by Tord Romstad »

Hi all,

Thanks for voting. I'm glad most people don't see any major bugs, but of course the problem is still sufficiently widespread that fixing it has a high priority. Unfortunately, I still haven't managed to reproduce. Sigh. :(

Right now, I wish I'd kept this program private.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Mark wrote:I played two quick games and had a crash with each one towards the end of the game. (I was losing badly in both...)

1 sec/move, show analysis, book moves, and legal moves were off, full strength (2450), permanent brain off, xboard piece set

I have the game/position that causes the crash and it's reproducible on my 3Gs iPhone. I can send it to you, if you want.

Mark

edit: I just emailed it to you.
Tord - I wonder if you've found the bug causing this yet? I still get crashes... Thanks!