Stockfish 1.8 JA available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: IPON results after 841 games

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Milos,

I am looking on my own statistics and more as 500.000 games my computers have played. For such a statistic its important to used many different engines.

Example:
1/52 if you used 20 different opponents / 650 games
1/31 if you used 18 different opponents / 650 games
1/24 if you used 16 different opponents / 650 games

One of the reasons I don't used clones.

Thats more or less an own statistic, not based on statistic programs like bayesian.

Sure, you have right if you used for statistics only programs like Bayesian. A great program!

Best
Frank

PS: With +-10 I mean 20 ELO different. With 1/52 I mean ...
In 1/52 cases you have a ELO different with more as 20 ELO, if you useing 20 opponents. In SWCR I have it with Naum 4.2. Ratings are stabil (20 ELO) after 610 games. Second record in my own statistics. Fist record for around 4 years with a early Glaurung version.

Optimal is to have 23 Engines in a list (each one vs. each one 50 games). You will get an ELO +-6 (12 ELO) after 920 games (if 40 games each one vs. each one).

Must not be right ... but after my own ... :-)
Not easy to explain it in English for me. I should write a book about it I think, its a little hobby by myself.
S.Taylor

Re: Stockfish 1.8 JA available

Post by S.Taylor »

What shall i do if a winzip sign comes up asking me to buy it online?
If not, it seems, i cannot use stockfish?
Andre

Post by Andre »

You better use 7-zip instead... It's free
Alex Lobanov

Post by Alex Lobanov »

bag 3-fold repetition:
if start searching in fen: 8/5k1p/pB6/P4p2/8/1q5P/5P1Q/4K3 b - - 0 62
then move Qb1+ val: +4

if start searching in pgn:
[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "????.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "?"]
[Black "?"]
[Result "*"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "6k1/4Q2p/pB6/P2q1p2/1P6/7P/5P2/3K1n2 w - - 0 54"]
[PlyCount "17"]
54. Ke1 Nh2 55. b5 Qxb5 56. Qd8+ Kf7 57. Qc7+ Kf6 58. Qd6+ Kf7 59. Qxh2 Qb1+
60. Kd2 Qb4+ 61. Kd1 Qb3+ 62. Ke1 *

then move Qb1+ val: 0.00
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

Andre wrote:You better use 7-zip instead... It's free
And it compress better !
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

As usual, I can almost never get any free engines to work on my computer. I don't know how to. They don't normally come with a chess-playing picture that i can move the pieces with.
I once downloaded arena, but i never saw how to access it properly, or how to put any chess engine inside it.
Therefore, even though i downloaded many of the great engines to my computer, i just have no clue how to play with them.
Because of this, i havn't been able to play or analyze with a chess engine for the past few years (since i didn't buy one recently). I only managed to download Rybka 2.2 in Tarrasch gui. It doesn't work too well, but it normally works without freezing. Also, the Arasan gui works, but it is so buggy, it rarely works till the end of the game.
So everyone just talks talks and talks, and they give engines out free, but i'm left out of it all.
I wish i could just one time get one of the great engines, actually working on my computer.

Every time, i think, surely it will be "this time lucky", and again "this time lucky" etc. etc. but even again, it was not to be. I must be SO gullible!

Also now, since my trial WinZip expired, i can no longer extract files. So now i downloaded 7-zip. But still, when i try to extract files, it keeps going straight to the WinZip and telling me i need to purchase it. But the 7-zip is just lost somewhere. I downloaded it about 3 or 4 times, as well as many of the chess programs too. Nothing helps.
Trahald

Post by Trahald »

I assume that zip files are associated with the winzip program on your computer. First thing you should do is uninstall winzip. Extracting a file with 7-zip should be as easy as right clicking on the file you wish to extract, choosing 7-Zip from the context menu, then selecting extract files...
Russell Murray
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Trahald wrote:I assume that zip files are associated with the winzip program on your computer. First thing you should do is uninstall winzip. Extracting a file with 7-zip should be as easy as right clicking on the file you wish to extract, choosing 7-Zip from the context menu, then selecting extract files...
Thanks. I will try what you said, as well as other things which someone might tell me on a PM, and hopefully I will get to the root of it all, before i give up again.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

S.Taylor wrote:
Trahald wrote:I assume that zip files are associated with the winzip program on your computer. First thing you should do is uninstall winzip. Extracting a file with 7-zip should be as easy as right clicking on the file you wish to extract, choosing 7-Zip from the context menu, then selecting extract files...
Thanks. I will try what you said, as well as other things which someone might tell me on a PM, and hopefully I will get to the root of it all, before i give up again.
Shimon,
Pick up one or two UCI free engines and I'll tell you how to use them under the Arena GUI....believe me,a piece of cake....
The first consultation is free,the next one will cost you around....
100$ regards :mrgreen: ,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….