Psst...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Michael Diosi

Psst...

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

While other "famous" "chess" fora are busy with laundry advices as well as citing Lenin, we at Arena are working hard for a new release. Some of the bugs reported by some of our testres have already been fixed.
Many thanks to them.

Gaviota Tablebases are not yet in but will be introduced for the next version. With the next test version we would like to increase the number of testers. So please let me know if you are interested. Those who just want a new version and don't say a single word will not be taken into consideartion for testing future test versions.

Now in, among others: "early draw"

Next test version will be available (as far as I can tell) mid of July.

Michael
Graham Banks

Re: Psst...

Post by Graham Banks »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

While other "famous" "chess" fora are busy with laundry advices as well as citing Lenin, we at Arena are working hard for a new release. Some of the bugs reported by some of our testres have already been fixed.
Many thanks to them.

Gaviota Tablebases are not yet in but will be introduced for the next version. With the next test version we would like to increase the number of testers. So please let me know if you are interested. Those who just want a new version and don't say a single word will not be taken into consideartion for testing future test versions.

Now in, among others: "early draw"

Next test version will be available (as far as I can tell) mid of July.

Michael
Good news about the "early draw" option.
It would be great if Martin could implement the "tablebases adjudication" option too. :P

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi Graham,

Well a won postion needs to be won first :) For instance as far as I heard Rybka 4 can't win with K+B+N vs K so why should it get the full point if it's not able to mate by itself ?

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Murat

Post by Murat »

Hi Michael,

Is there native support for Novag UCB in this version?

I can see the moves made with UCB on the Arena 2.01 communication window. Where we setup Novag chessboard. But the moves won’t register on arena playing board.

I am hoping this is a simple notation problem. The UCB is putting a letter M in front of the moves “Me2e4” I think the Citrine does the same thing but puts a space in between. Like “M e2e4”. That lack of space makes arena not recognize the moves from UCB. As far as I know the rest of the board commands are same on both boards.

Perhaps this can be programmed as an option in the next Arena version.
If I can be any help, I will gladly test it for you.

All the best
Murat
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hello,

External boards are Martins hobby horse. The only problem I can see s Martin and I do not have all those boards. Also lot of people asking for Citrine support so I can mostly guess. But if there is someone who can test it maybe it can be done. Are you sure this is the only issue with the board ? Do other externa adapters and drivers work ?

Michael
Murat

Post by Murat »

The Novag UCB works with Chess assistant 8.1 and with some old dos programs up to Rebel 10.

In Arena 2.01 the UCB can communicate but the moves made on the UCB only show up in the communication tab of the Novag Chessboard Setup of Arena. They won’t play on Arena board.

And the moves I see in the communication tab are in this format Me2e4 no space between the M and the move.

I think a Novag UCB is pretty much is the same thing as a Citrine in referee mode.
Thomas Lagershausen

Post by Thomas Lagershausen »

Great news. 8-)

I am using the arena-gui always and its for me the absolutly no.1 in the world of chessguis.

This variationboard is a dream. :P

But after the years, the look of the chessboard seems to me a little bit unmodern.

Are there plans to refresh this design?
TL
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

I don't think there is anything like that on the agenda. I have proposed some changes to Martin where he said it sounds good but they were not implemented yet, I still hope they will make it in some of the next versions versions:

a) stuff like you see on financial pages (red/green markerers if an evaluation goes up/down (with 8 engines this is very usefull)

b) let's see if we can get something like tiple brain

If you have any proposal let us know but it won't be "like" ChessBase

Michael
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Fsssst...

Post by Sylwy »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

I don't think there is anything like that on the agenda. I have proposed some changes to Martin where he said it sounds good but they were not implemented yet, I still hope they will make it in some of the next versions versions:

a) stuff like you see on financial pages (red/green markerers if an evaluation goes up/down (with 8 engines this is very usefull)

b) let's see if we can get something like tiple brain

If you have any proposal let us know but it won't be "like" ChessBase

Michael

Hi Miky !

I have an epochal proposal for Arena team ! :lol:
================
:lol: A clone detector :lol:
================

Every time a clone is loaded on Arena GUI a howl to be heard , and then an anti-clone speech ( of CCC moderator in chief ) to be said. :lol:

This my idea is for free ! :lol:

Regards,
Silvian
:wink: :lol: :wink:
Graham Banks

Re: Fsssst...

Post by Graham Banks »

Sylwy wrote: Hi Miky !

I have an epochal proposal for Arena team ! :lol:
================
:lol: A clone detector :lol:
================

Every time a clone is loaded on Arena GUI a howl to be heard , and then an anti-clone speech ( of CCC moderator in chief ) to be said. :lol:

This my idea is for free ! :lol:

Regards,
Silvian
:wink: :lol: :wink:
An "Einstein" like idea. :wink: :lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com